2 CD-RW's vs CD-rom/CD-RW

savejs

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
Presently have Lite-on 48X CDRW/DVD combo and need CD-Rom. Can get Mitsumi 54X32X54 CD-RW at slightly higher price than just CD-ROM. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to havung 2 CDRW in one system? Also, how does Mitsumi CDRW rate?
Thanks

Well the Lite On is also a CDROM so why exactly do you need the CDROM? I'm running two rewriters, one is a CDRW and the other is a DVDRW, but even though thr DVD burner can burn CDs, it only burns CDs at 24x, and my CD burner, burns at 40x. So under those circumstances a second burner is beneficial, since I already own it in the first place. But both my burners double as, and have CDROM read capabilities as does your Lite On, so why do you really need a CDROM drive, is your Audio cable connected to your soundcard or onboard sound?????

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

Because if you wanted to use the CDROM to directly play CD audio as a CD Player the Audio cable has to be connected or it won't function in that capacity. It won't work for you as a CDROM as far as playing a game is concerned???

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

savejs

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2002
To simplify. Here's what I want . I need a CDRW for burning CDs, a DVD player for watching DVD's (therefore bought LiteOn combo). I also want to play and listen to music CD's. I assume the CDRW/DVD combo can handle that. Occasionally, I burn CD to CD, and therefore require a second CD-Rom. Could this second CD-Rom simply be a second CDRW (price of CDrom = price CDRW). This way I get a second CDRW in case first breaks. I guess I'm a little leery about using combos too much.

Well if thats your plan it'll work, and if you're running WinXP probably a good idea.