PGN5TRIM documentation?

Can anyone point me to the .doc file that is said to
accompany the pgntrim5.exe program, in which the various
command line options are documented?

I can the fine the binary in various .zip files, but the
documentation that's mentioned in the help information
seems to be missing ...

--
Anders Thulin ath*algonet.se http://www.algonet.se/~ath

Anders Thulin <ath_no_spam_please@algonet.se> wrote in

> Can anyone point me to the .doc file that is said to
> accompany the pgntrim5.exe program, in which the various
> command line options are documented?
>
> I can the fine the binary in various .zip files, but the
> documentation that's mentioned in the help information
> seems to be missing ...

Have looked in the PGNUtils.zip at http://pgn.freeservers.com/?

rt

(I see I mistyped the subject ... it should have been PGNTRIM5 ...)

rt wrote:

> Have looked in the PGNUtils.zip at http://pgn.freeservers.com/?

Yes. That's about the only place where I have been able to find a mention
of PGNTRIM5, so that's where I got the program itself.

The reason I want to find the documentation is that PGNTRIM5 found
an error in a commercial database of PGN games I bought recently ... and is
so far the only tool I've tested to find that particular error. Yet
it misses some other problems (such as line length) which I suspect
can be controlled by command line options. I'd rather use one tool than
a handful to do these checks.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a really good PGN checking tool, let
me know.
--

> (I see I mistyped the subject ... it should have been
PGNTRIM5
> ...)
>
> rt wrote:
>
>> Have looked in the PGNUtils.zip at
http://pgn.freeservers.com/?

> Yes. That's about the only place where I have been able to
find
> a mention
> of PGNTRIM5, so that's where I got the program itself.
>
> The reason I want to find the documentation is that
PGNTRIM5
> found
> an error in a commercial database of PGN games I bought
recently
> ... and is so far the only tool I've tested to find that
> particular error. Yet it misses some other problems (such as
line
> length) which I suspect can be controlled by command line
options.
> I'd rather use one tool than a handful to do these checks.
>
> Alternatively, if anyone knows a really good PGN checking
tool,
> let
> me know.

An earlier version, pgntrim3, is available here:

http://www.chess.devtown.net/download.html

It includes a file named PGNTRIM3.DOC which may be of use to
you. The files are in a rar archive. If you need a rar
extractor, a free one is available here:

http://www.extractnow.com/

rt