El_Nerdo

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003
I have an LG 40*12*40 CD-RW drive. Lately, when I have burnt audio cd's, they fail to read in my cd players(they used to work). The only one that it will work in is my cd walkman or on a computer. They don't work elsewhere. I've tried burning real slow, different cds, different burning programs, but they dont seem to work. I can burn data cds and image files without a problem, they work. So I'm wondering if possibly something is going on the drive (its about a year old), so I might need a new one, or maybe there is something software related in terms of my OS (xp pro) or the burning software (Nero 6). Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
The media you've been using, were they the same types from when they <i>were</i> working?? Do you also have any audio CDs that was written using the same media, but that actually <i>worked</i> on your other audio systems?

And yes, it's certainly a possibility that your drive is the problem here. Maybe you could "flash" it before replacing it though? Certainly worth a shot if all else fails :).

-----
<A HREF="http://www.khmercity.com/city_music//Kerpal Comedy@@ kick my dog~ :)/Jerky Boys - Kerpal - Airport Pakistani And Hindi Fight.mp3" target="_new">I'm going to get you, you bastard guy</A>.

El_Nerdo

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003
Yea the media I was using were the same types as before. Actually my brother uses the same media on his burner without any problems, so I'm beginning to think it might be the drive too. Ill flash it and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

You did hook the audio cable from the CDRW to your soundcard Right?

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

El_Nerdo

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003
Yea of course I hooked the cable up. And besides, the cds work when i listen to them on a computer or in my walkman, jsut not on normal cd players. It just slowly started happening, where the cds would sound scratchy, or skip on the last tracks, to now where they dont read.

As for system specs...
AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (@1.67Ghz)
MSI K7 Ultra 2 mobo
768 mb DDR-RAM (@333 Mhz)
Maxtor 40gig hard drive
Geforce2 mx400 64mb (overclocked)
LG 40*12*40 CD-RW
10/100MB Ethernet PCI card
Integrated AC97 audio
Windows XP Pro

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
a lot of older cd players wont read cdr or wont read it very well. my kenwood deck has a hard time reading cheap cdrs. but it reads tdk fine, but wont read maxell. my sony dvd player wont read cdr at all.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015