installing games so other users can access and save their ..

meg

I have installed microsoft zoo tycoon and other games on the computer but
other users cannot seem to save their games. Some games cannot be accessed
at all by other user accounts. A box will appear stating they have to see
the administrator. Even making the other user accounts administrator it
still says thy cannont access it.

Hi Meg,

That's a rather unique situation. Can you install the game
using their user accounts after making them administrators?

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"meg" <meg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AAC1397-CFE0-4428-B664-C6E8293FD2C5@microsoft.com...
>I have installed microsoft zoo tycoon and other games on the computer but
> other users cannot seem to save their games. Some games cannot be accessed
> at all by other user accounts. A box will appear stating they have to see
> the administrator. Even making the other user accounts administrator it
> still says thy cannont access it.

meg

Hello,

I have tried that avenue, but it still says access denied, and to see the
administrator.
I made all accounts admin but still no go.
This all started when I restored my computer, maybe that has something to do
with it?

Thanks for your reply

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi Meg,
>
> That's a rather unique situation. Can you install the game
> using their user accounts after making them administrators?
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "meg" <meg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AAC1397-CFE0-4428-B664-C6E8293FD2C5@microsoft.com...
> >I have installed microsoft zoo tycoon and other games on the computer but
> > other users cannot seem to save their games. Some games cannot be accessed
> > at all by other user accounts. A box will appear stating they have to see
> > the administrator. Even making the other user accounts administrator it
> > still says thy cannont access it.

Hi Meg,

There's a couple of things you can do in this situation:

1. Make sure folder permissions allow all users full access;
2. Repair Windows