Pioneer DVR-A06USPK4 - Should I Buy?

darnoc

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2003
I am considering the purchase of a Pioneer internal DVD±RW/CD-RW drive, model DVR-A06USPK4. I've read good things about it and it was recommend to me as a great burner. What do you guys think of it? Is it a good burner? Should I consider something else? I've also looked at the Sony DRU-510A, the TDK AID+040212 and the Plextor PX-708A. But the Pioneer looks like the best all around value and I can get it for about $150 after a $20 rebate. So what do you think? Buy or don't buy? Please advise.

Thanks,
Conrad

Well I've had about three Pioneer products fail, if Pioneer made regular toothbrushes at this point I wouldn't buy one, and theres probably no way they could screw that up, when a product first hits the market, of course reviews may look good because it hasn't been time tested to see if it would last or fail. When you ask for opinions here, you're going to get many different opinions, I'm sure theres someone out there thats bought Pioneer products and never had a problem, and thats great for them, however thats not my case, because in my opinion Pioneer sucks. I'm pretty sure theres a TDK around that same price range, and thats what I'd reccommend, but I wouldn't buy Pioneer Toilet Paper.

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have Pioneer 106D (OEM of DVR-A06 model) and it's great. On the contrary to <b>4Ryan6</b>, I've never had any failed Pioneer products (and I have used almost 10 of them).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.