Sound Card Recommendation/Query

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 18, 2005 9:32:51 PM

Looking to set up a second DAW for home studio use; recording stage
piano and guitar as well as tying into main sound system. Main DAW is
using a M-audio 2496. This second DAW requires MIDI input as well,
but does not necessarily need more than 2 audio inputs/outputs. I've
been away from things for a while. How is the current crop of budget
audiophile cards? I see M-audio has new offerings (and they seem to
have a market share in my area). Some new players on the scene. I
also see some older cards still kicking around and available. I'm
looking for suggestions.
--

Monroe
Anonymous

Monroe wrote:

> I see M-audio has new offerings (and they seem to
> have a market share in my area). Some new players on the scene. I
> also see some older cards still kicking around and available. I'm
> looking for suggestions.

Your needs sound fairly modest. Get what works and don't worry if a
newcomer might be marginally better. There isn't any one that, for the
same price, blows all the others out of the water. A new brand may not
stick around long enough to get the drivers fixed.

M-Audio is a good bet for decent audio performance, low price, and
drivers that seem to work with a wide variety of computeres.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 21, 2005 12:15:59 AM

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 17:32:51 GMT, Monroe <minburn1@telus.net> wrote:

>Looking to set up a second DAW for home studio use; recording stage
>piano and guitar as well as tying into main sound system. Main DAW is
>using a M-audio 2496. This second DAW requires MIDI input as well,
>but does not necessarily need more than 2 audio inputs/outputs. I've
>been away from things for a while. How is the current crop of budget
>audiophile cards? I see M-audio has new offerings (and they seem to
>have a market share in my area). Some new players on the scene. I
>also see some older cards still kicking around and available. I'm
>looking for suggestions.

Linx Digital cards have allways worked superbly for me.
!