How did this newsgroup died? It was dynamic with lots of posts, WHAT
HAPPENED????

Sam Sloan and his neverending shitstorming.

Pierre Desmarais wrote:
> How did this newsgroup died? It was dynamic with lots of posts, WHAT
> HAPPENED????

Computer chess has become Passe !

Pierre Desmarais wrote:

>How did this newsgroup died? It was dynamic with lots of posts, WHAT
>HAPPENED????

Sam Sloan killed it. Make sure you register your appreciation
if he ever manages to get his name on a chess federation ballot.

"Pierre Desmarais" <pierrede@9bit.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> How did this newsgroup died? It was dynamic with lots of posts, WHAT
> HAPPENED????

It's summer... better to go around than use computers...

Luigi Caselli

Tell us more about your experience playing against computers,
but please don't mention He Who Must Not Be Named again... :)

"clarkbarr" <clarkbarr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sam Sloan and his neverending shitstorming.

and don't forget Ray Gordon

maybe this newsgroup is dead due to a few stalkers who appeared in the
last 9 years.

but computerchess is not dead.

in the moment computerchess is at the peak of the mountain.

we have new OPEN SOURCE chess programs with enormous strength for free,
there is a championship in iceland (maybe Bobby fischer joins it :))
and there are Chess 960 (Fischer Chess) events.

I guess many people moved to CCC, a moderated newsgroup
with password. the reason is that in this newsgroup many anonymous
idiots made it for a long time impossible to talk about computerchess.
instead they talked about off topic things.
this is stalking.

"Guy Macon" <_see.web.page_@_www.guymacon.com_> wrote in

> Pierre Desmarais wrote:
>
> >How did this newsgroup died? It was dynamic with lots of posts, WHAT
> >HAPPENED????
>
> Sam Sloan killed it. Make sure you register your appreciation
> if he ever manages to get his name on a chess federation ballot.

He might have been a catalyst but it'd take more than one person to empty r.g.c.c.

I haven't posted in years, back when Jeroen was here, I just noticed my message didn't scroll all day and
checked the dates, I was about to post "when did this forum die?" and saw this thread.

Anyway, come one come all!

www.ch3ss.com
A good game of chess and emoticons are inseperable!

Herc

> I haven't posted in years, back when Jeroen was here, I just noticed my
> message didn't scroll all day and
> checked the dates, I was about to post "when did this forum die?" and saw
> this thread.

FYI: I assume it's the same person: a guy name Jeroen hangs around
www.playchess.de

<mclanecxantia@aol.com> wrote:
> the reason is that in this newsgroup many anonymous idiots made it for a
> long time impossible to talk about computerchess. instead they talked
> about off topic things. this is stalking.

No, stalking is following somebody around threateningly. Off-topic
posting is off-topic posting.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Miniature Sumerian Hi-Fi (TM): it's
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ like a music system that's really old

"David Richerby" <davidr@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in
> <mclanecxantia@aol.com> wrote:
> > the reason is that in this newsgroup many anonymous idiots made it for a
> > long time impossible to talk about computerchess. instead they talked
> > about off topic things. this is stalking.
>

> No, stalking is following somebody around threateningly. Off-topic
> posting is off-topic posting.
>

> Dave.

I've had 2 stalking charges, one person I hadn't seen in 8 years and another I'd never met.

In NSW its 'intimidation', in QLD its 'causing apprehension', the other checks are just 'one more than one
occasion' and 'communicated with', so you can definately get charged for stalking for email and letters,
newsgroups wouldn't be far off. Of course you have to be a woman or a CEO to get the charge turned to
arrest.

Hey anybody try my tournament site... no signup just play and watch games (when its busy)
www.CH3SS.com

Herc

|-|erc <h@r.c> wrote:
> David Richerby <davidr@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in
>> <mclanecxantia@aol.com> wrote:
>>> the reason is that in this newsgroup many anonymous idiots made it for a
>>> long time impossible to talk about computerchess. instead they talked
>>> about off topic things. this is stalking.
>>
>> No, stalking is following somebody around threateningly. Off-topic
>> posting is off-topic posting.
>
> [...]
> In NSW its 'intimidation', in QLD its 'causing apprehension', the other
> checks are just 'one more than one occasion' and 'communicated with', so
> you can definately get charged for stalking for email and letters,
> newsgroups wouldn't be far off.

I'm not commenting on whether or not newsgroup postings can constitute
stalking. I'm pointing out that off-topic posting does not, in and of
itself, constitute stalking.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Dangerous Umbrella (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ an umbrella but it could explode at

"David Richerby" <davidr@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in
> |-|erc <h@r.c> wrote:
> > David Richerby <davidr@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in
> >>
> >> No, stalking is following somebody around threateningly. Off-topic
> >> posting is off-topic posting.
> >
> > [...]
> > In NSW its 'intimidation', in QLD its 'causing apprehension', the other
> > checks are just 'one more than one occasion' and 'communicated with', so
> > you can definately get charged for stalking for email and letters,
> > newsgroups wouldn't be far off.
>
> I'm not commenting on whether or not newsgroup postings can constitute
> stalking. I'm pointing out that off-topic posting does not, in and of
> itself, constitute stalking.

In context you were saying "making it impossible for others to talk on topic", "over a long period of time"
does not constitute stalking but it can. In fact those are very close to 2 of the options on the charge
sheet.

You need 3 factors.

The accused :
1/ Repeating over a period of time

Did the following (tick one)
2/
a/ FOLLOWED
b/ HIT
c/ RESTRAINED
d/ COMMUNICATED WITH
e/ INTIMIDATED

Resulting in (tick one)
3/
a/ hospitalisation
b/ injury
c/ trauma
d/ the victim was apprehensive

I got arrested for sending about 4 letters to a girl asking her out.

The police spent an hour going through the charge sheet in the interview....
NOW YOU ADMIT YOU COMMUNICATED WITH HER?
yes
ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION
yes
AND IT MADE HER APPREHENSIVE
yes

OK GOT IT! YOU JUST CONFESSED TO STALKING!

NO bull! I asked for the interview tape later but they LOST it!
Judge let me go since the only exhibit was a love letter and receipt for flower delivery.

Herc

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,sci.skeptic (More info?)

Why on Earth are you crossposting my posts back to sci.skeptic?

Notice Barry Williams, the CEO who made the bogus charges... the 'extortion' demand was actuallly "please
reply in a day or two", was exposed on A Current Affair when they cheated, lied to and abused the next
applicant after me!

http://www.skeptics.com.au/media/030620aca.htm
Media Release
The Things that You're Liable to See on the Box that Ain't Necessarily So
June 20, 2003
The plain facts about Australian Skeptics' testing of Dennis Puffet on A Current Affair

TV viewers who saw a story on A Current Affair (ACA) on Tuesday, June 17 might have been left with the
impression that Australian Skeptics (AS) had "backed-down" from testing

None of this went to air. In fact, of all the things Richard said on-camera, the only thing he was shown
saying was that we did not want to be seen to be hounding a deluded individual.

Herc
www.CH3SS.com
play nice, or play not at all

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:35:30 +1000, "|-|erc" <h@r.c> wrote:

>Why on Earth are you crossposting my posts back to sci.skeptic?

Because you are on topic. You are also on topic in alt.usenet.kooks,
even though you are "formosa'd"

>Notice Barry Williams, the CEO who made the bogus charges... the 'extortion' demand was actuallly "please
>reply in a day or two", was exposed on A Current Affair when they cheated, lied to and abused the next
>applicant after me!

Incorrect, you sick whacko. The ACA was a beat-up, and anyone with
more than a single brain cell knows this. That leaves you out.

--

Read all about Australia's biggest doomsday cult:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/wanglese/pebble.htm

"You can't fool me, it's turtles all the way down"

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,sci.skeptic (More info?)

It is fascinating how lunatics see themselves !

|-|erc wrote:
> Don't listen to 'em r.g.c.c! R.g.c.c is where I 1st came into force onto
> usenet some years ago and unfortunately the skeptic menace has tainted my
> long due return. Luckily they've moved to safer moderated grounds.
>
> These guys stalking me on usenet are true lunatics, Wally is almost famous
> for his "scientific viewpoints" in alt.astrology, whether they're wanted or
> not!
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 671,000 for author:anglesea KOOK
>
> Wally Anglesea, a kookaburra in his former life.
>
> Yes I do post amazing claims on usenet, maybe you should start listening to
> them.
>
> Herc

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

|-|erc wrote:
> "Cardinal Chunder" <cc@foo.no.spam.xyzabcfghllaa.com> wrote in
> > |-|erc wrote:
> > > Don't listen to 'em r.g.c.c! R.g.c.c is where I 1st came into force
> onto
> > > usenet some years ago and unfortunately the skeptic menace has tainted
> my
> > > long due return. Luckily they've moved to safer moderated grounds.
> >
> > The "skeptic menace" as you put it is people who have viewed your
> > insanity and chosen to reply and say as much.
> >
> > I have no idea what you're blabbering about "safer moderated grounds" for.
> >
> > > These guys stalking me on usenet are true lunatics,
> >
> > Since when is responding to occasional posts by yourself to a group I
> > happen to read regarded as stalking?
> >
> > I wouldn't even have a clue about your latest newsgroup foray if someone
> > hadn't crossposted it to this group.
> >
> > > Wally is almost famous
> > > for his "scientific viewpoints" in alt.astrology, whether they're wanted
> or
> > > not!
> >
> > Who are you to judge when something is wanted and when it is not?
> >
> > > Results 1 - 10 of about 671,000 for author:anglesea KOOK
> > >
> > > Wally Anglesea, a kookaburra in his former life.
> >
> > Or a kookologist in this life.
> >
> > Have you conducted similar searches for Herc & schizophrenic?
> >
> > > Yes I do post amazing claims on usenet, maybe you should start listening
> > > them.
> > >
> > > Herc
> >
> > We do listen to them. We even ask you for evidence to back up your
> > claims. None is forthcoming.
> >
> > Remember when you claimed there was a 24 hour CIA radio station
> > broadcasting to you and I asked you to tape a bit of and web it up?
> >
> > Where's that tape Herc?
>
> I asked my lawyer for the police interview tape and he made me write an
> official request, then he wrote back saying there was no tape in storage.
>
> how sensitive are MP3 voice recorders to ambient noise? high on my shopping
> list so probably later this year if they work.

and he's going to buy it from Dick Smiths.....

"Ú" <=?ISO-8859-1?B? E gLaA=?=> wrote in message

> |-|erc the Jerk wrote:
>>"...we did not want to be seen to be hounding a deluded individual..."
>
> That was nice of them. However, this is Usenet. We **SPECIALIZE**
> in hounding deluded individuals! Stop posting if you don't like it.

That's a keeper...

"Don Freeman" <freemand@sonic.net> wrote in message

> "Ú" <=?ISO-8859-1?B? E gLaA=?=> wrote in message
>>

>> |-|erc the Jerk wrote:
>>>"...we did not want to be seen to be hounding a deluded individual..."
>>
>> That was nice of them. However, this is Usenet. We **SPECIALIZE**
>> in hounding deluded individuals! Stop posting if you don't like it.
>>
> That's a keeper...

Consider it stolen:
-Don
--
"However, this is Usenet. We **SPECIALIZE**
in hounding deluded individuals!"
-Ú explains the facts of life to one more deluded individual

"|-|erc" <h@r.c> wrote in message

> Yes I do post amazing claims on usenet, maybe you should start listening
> them.
>
> Herc

Sorry, left my tin foil hat at the laundry, maybe next time...
--
"However, this is Usenet. We **SPECIALIZE**
in hounding deluded individuals!"
-Ú explains the facts of life to one more deluded individual

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,sci.skeptic (More info?)

"Don Freeman"

interesting name, numerologically.

> "However, this is Usenet. We **SPECIALIZE**
> in hounding deluded individuals!"

fitting

"|-|erc" <h@r.c> wrote in message
> "Don Freeman"
>
> interesting name, numerologically.

I know I am going to be sorry I asked this but I ...
Can't....Help....Myself...:

How so?

Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer,sci.skeptic (More info?)

Quite agree. I always understood numerology to involve numbers. I was
expecting some convoluted code to "prove" Don's name added up to 666 or
similar. I have to say that I am dissapointed. Trying to claim Don
sounds like Don't is limp even by Herc's standard.