A few questions about the entertainment landscape...

Last response: in Home Audio
September 19, 2005 3:39:10 PM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Hi,

I'd like to know if any of you have answers to any of the following
questions :

1. Appx. how many radio stations are there in North America?

2. Appx. how many movies are released in theatres every year in North
America?

3. After all the merging and acquisitions of the past few years, how many
legitimate, competing "major" record companies are left, and what are they?

4. Entertainment Weekly is part of the Warner Corporation (which includes
Warner Music, and the WB on TV). What similar relationship does Rolling
Stone enjoy with a major conglomorate?

I'm trying to find out just drastically the media convergence has affected
the landscape.

Thanks!
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:29:16 PM

"Jon J. Yeager" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:432edb9e$0$47969$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net...
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if any of you have answers to any of the following questions :
>
> 1. Appx. how many radio stations are there in North America?

And one further ... how many companies own all of them?

> 2. Appx. how many movies are released in theatres every year in North America?
>
> 3. After all the merging and acquisitions of the past few years, how many legitimate, competing "major" record companies are left,
> and what are they?
>
> 4. Entertainment Weekly is part of the Warner Corporation (which includes Warner Music, and the WB on TV). What similar
> relationship does Rolling Stone enjoy with a major conglomorate?
>
> I'm trying to find out just drastically the media convergence has affected the landscape.
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 12:12:29 AM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

well, there are *thousands* of movies "released" each year. it depends
on what your definition of a "theater" is. most movies get shown once
in some sort of art hole-in-the-wall place. they are made by aspiring
producers/directors trying to get "noticed"...very much like the
recording industry.

if you're talking about movies with multi-million dollar marketing
budgets, national viewings in chain theaters, tv and newspaper
advertising, and actors doing the tv late night talk show circuit to
hype their movies, etc... that market is considerably smaller.

but even that market produces quite a number each year.
September 20, 2005 10:17:31 PM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

Found answers to questions 2 and 3, still looking for answers on the others.

Namely :

> 1. Appx. how many radio stations are there in North America?

and...

> 4. Entertainment Weekly is part of the Warner Corporation (which includes
> Warner Music, and the WB on TV). What similar relationship does Rolling
> Stone enjoy with a major conglomorate?

Thanks to anyone who knows!
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 7:10:33 PM

Archived from groups: cakewalk.audio,rec.audio.pro (More info?)

:-(

!