Move ranking with Crafty

I'd like to be able to use Crafty to rank and score all the possible moves
from a given position. For example, at the opening:

1.e4 0.10
1.d4 0.09
1.Nf3 0.05
....etc...

Is there an easy way to do this? I think I was able to do this back when
I used Chessmaster.

TIA.

There is the "analyse" command that can do that (the last number make it
display the N best line).
Type "help analyse" for description.

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:50:32 +0200, pgeorges wrote:

> There is the "analyse" command that can do that (the last number make it
> display the N best line).
> Type "help analyse" for description.
>
> rookfodder a écrit :
>> I'd like to be able to use Crafty to rank and score all the possible moves
>> from a given position. For example, at the opening:
>>
>> 1.e4 0.10
>> 1.d4 0.09
>> 1.Nf3 0.05
>> ...etc...
>>
>> Is there an easy way to do this? I think I was able to do this back when
>> I used Chessmaster.

Yes, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Analyze just gives yout
eh score of the principal variation. What I'd like is a list of all the
possible moves and Crafty's assessment of each, sorted by quality. Sort
of like the "search move" command but for all the moves in a given
position.

The reason I'd like to do this is that I'd like to know, for a given
position, if one move is obviously the best versus a situation where 2 or
3 moves are all about the same and at the top of the list.

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:42:02 +0000, rookfodder wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:50:32 +0200, pgeorges wrote:
>
>> There is the "analyse" command that can do that (the last number make it
>> display the N best line).
>> Type "help analyse" for description.
>>
>> rookfodder a écrit :
>>> I'd like to be able to use Crafty to rank and score all the possible moves
>>> from a given position. For example, at the opening:
>>>
>>> 1.e4 0.10
>>> 1.d4 0.09
>>> 1.Nf3 0.05
>>> ...etc...
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to do this? I think I was able to do this back when
>>> I used Chessmaster.
>
> Yes, but that's not quite what I'm looking for. Analyze just gives yout
> eh score of the principal variation. What I'd like is a list of all the
> possible moves and Crafty's assessment of each, sorted by quality. Sort
> of like the "search move" command but for all the moves in a given
> position.
>
> The reason I'd like to do this is that I'd like to know, for a given
> position, if one move is obviously the best versus a situation where 2 or
> 3 moves are all about the same and at the top of the list.

Well figured it out. The "trace" command does the trick -- thanks for the
help.