Win 7 partition C full

Speedgnom

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
I installed Win7 2 moths ago and now my C drive has no free space. The total space of my C drive is 38 GB. When I clicked on every folder to see how much memory they are using I saw that everything on my C drive is using a total of 22GB.
My question is where are the other 26 GB.
Another very strange thing is that every time I use the internet to surf sites the free space in my C drive slowly become smaller and smaller.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Maybe it's time to get a higher capacity hard drive. Your hard drive has probably run out of capacity. Can you post a screen shot of your C drive's properties so that we can confirm that there is something else going on and if so, would you post said screen shot?

Every time that you use the web, your web browser caches data to the hard drive. This is normal.

To be honest, 38GB is very small for a hard drive partition. It should come as no surprise that you quickly filled that up. Windows itself should use around 20GB (that is if it's the 64 bit version; the 32 bit version might use a little less like 16GB-20GB), so you're probably using more than only 22GB of storage capacity.

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

In fact your main disk is too small, 38GB !WOW, how old does your hard disk? As I know, the Windows 7 OS will take about 20GB-25GB space, BTW, the total space of your C drive is 38GB, your whole data take 22GB, the rest space will be 16GB right? not 26 GB. In your situation you'd better check your disk management and make sure that you have taken the whole disk space to use, there's no unallocated space.

In my idea,you'd better upgrade your disk, that's too small.