is Tannoy making anything awesome these days?

Last response: in Home Audio
September 20, 2005 12:45:06 AM

Tannoy has a famous reputation for their dual concentric stuff.

Are they building any killer speakers these days that are dual
concentric? They seemed to be catering to the budget studio market a
number of years back. I'm wondering if they have launched anything
recently that has impressed the experienced engineers around here.
September 20, 2005 3:23:10 PM

On 19 Sep 2005 20:45:06 -0700, genericaudioperson@hotmail.com wrote:

>Tannoy has a famous reputation for their dual concentric stuff.
>
>Are they building any killer speakers these days that are dual
>concentric? They seemed to be catering to the budget studio market a
>number of years back. I'm wondering if they have launched anything
>recently that has impressed the experienced engineers around here.

try this ..... http://www.tannoy.com/StudioOverview

but I like this... http://www.tannoy.com/System15DMTII

-zero
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 3:46:17 PM

In article <1127187906.180974.208560@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<genericaudioperson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Tannoy has a famous reputation for their dual concentric stuff.
>
>Are they building any killer speakers these days that are dual
>concentric? They seemed to be catering to the budget studio market a
>number of years back. I'm wondering if they have launched anything
>recently that has impressed the experienced engineers around here.

There hasn't really been any _new_ dual concentric stuff, but the old
stuff is still available and still sounds great.

They do sell the Ellipse, which is their standard dual-concentric
driver in a funny-shaped box with a supertweeter for ultrasonic
response. The supertweeter seems like a gimmick to me, but the box
sounds good anyway. I guess that is something of a recent introduction.
--scott