Windows XP Partition Bluescreen at Boot

Mahblack

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Hey guys, I just built a new computer, and am having trouble getting it to boot my windows XP partition. I am using two storage devices - 1 hard drive, and 1 solid state drive. I have the windows 7 bootloader installed on the SSD, which is the default boot drive. The bootloader allows me to choose between windows 7 on the SSD, the windows 7 PARTITION on the HDD, and the windows XP PARTION on the HDD. Both installations of windows 7 boot fine, but the windows XP partition won't boot at all. I have tried setting SATA to IDE mode for XP, and tried it with AHCI, but no luck.

To configure the bootloader I used easyBCD. Do you guys know why my XP partition won't boot? It worked fine on the computer I took the hard drive out of...

if you can boot xp into safe mode or put it back into another pc and get into safe mode. remove all the drivers under windows system. xp trying to load the wrong mb drivers and is crashing.

Mahblack

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
I can just get at the disk from a different installation of windows (windows 7). Are you saying delete ALL of the drivers (things ending in .sys) from the XP WINDOWS\System folder?