Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Win 7 install ?'s

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
March 5, 2010 7:52:54 PM

It's probably been close to 7-8 years since I built a new computer, so I have a few questions... Last build was a single core Athlon XP 2200 and it finally died! :D 

1. Last time I loaded an OS on an oem drive I had to load the SATA drivers, do you still have to do that? Or is it really as simple as putting the disc in and following the instructions?

2. I have an upgrade disk of 7 that a buddy gave me, it's completely valid-the package hasn't even been opened. Can I do a full install with a win 7 upgrade disk?

More about : win install

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
March 5, 2010 8:03:03 PM

scrappy77 said:
It's probably been close to 7-8 years since I built a new computer, so I have a few questions... Last build was a single core Athlon XP 2200 and it finally died! :D 

1. Last time I loaded an OS on an oem drive I had to load the SATA drivers, do you still have to do that? Or is it really as simple as putting the disc in and following the instructions?

Yes, it really is as simple as putting in the disc and following the instructions. :) 

scrappy77 said:
2. I have an upgrade disk of 7 that a buddy gave me, it's completely valid-the package hasn't even been opened. Can I do a full install with a win 7 upgrade disk?

Absolutely! Here's how: http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_...
March 5, 2010 8:04:09 PM

Yea, you can just do the install no need for SATA drivers it just detects the Drive now with windows &.
As for the Upgrade disc. Apparently if you do the install, when it asks you to enter the Serial Key you can skip that part until you are actually in Windows and you have 30 days to activate, Then From within your Windows 7 install that isn't activated yet you run the Upgrade Disc and do it from INSIDE of windows 7, Then you can enter the upgrade disc serial number, because all the upgrade is looking for is that you are doing the install over a version of Windows which is what you would be doing in this case.
m
l
Related resources
March 5, 2010 8:07:08 PM

What a relief, thanks for the quick replies!
m
l
March 5, 2010 8:08:09 PM

Best answer selected by scrappy77.
m
l
!