ProTools Key Command Question

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 21, 2005 2:52:10 AM

Is there a function to restrict movement in time when moving a region
from one track to another? In other words, if I want to move a region
from one track to the track above, but want to make sure I don't move
the region in time, is there a command to restrict that? If I just drag
the region to the destination track, there's the possibility that I will
move it in time. In Samplitude I know if I hold down shift or control (I
can't remember the exact command) while dragging the object, the lateral
movement will be restricted. Is there a similar command in ProTools?

I know, I know, RTFM! But, I don't actually know what this function
would be called, and haven't been able to find it. Any help would be
much appreciated.

Thank you!

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills
www.Raw-Tracks.com
www.Mad-Host.com
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 7:54:08 AM

Yes. Hold the control key while you drag the region to the new track. (This
is with the mac version, by the way.)

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

"EricK" <eric@raw-tracks.com> wrote in message
news:o J4Ye.706$eH2.66@fe02.lga...
> Is there a function to restrict movement in time when moving a region
> from one track to another? In other words, if I want to move a region
> from one track to the track above, but want to make sure I don't move
> the region in time, is there a command to restrict that? If I just drag
> the region to the destination track, there's the possibility that I will
> move it in time. In Samplitude I know if I hold down shift or control (I
> can't remember the exact command) while dragging the object, the lateral
> movement will be restricted. Is there a similar command in ProTools?
>
> I know, I know, RTFM! But, I don't actually know what this function
> would be called, and haven't been able to find it. Any help would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Eric
>
> Practice Your Mixing Skills
> www.Raw-Tracks.com
> www.Mad-Host.com
September 21, 2005 7:54:09 AM

Dave Martin wrote:

> Yes. Hold the control key while you drag the region to the new track. (This
> is with the mac version, by the way.)

Thanks Dave, Also got an email from someone else on a MAC. Thanks for
the quick reply. I forgot to mention I'm on Windows. I figured it was
"Control" or "ALT" on Windows. But neither worked. I now just finally
tried the "Windows" key. I think that's what it's called. It's between
the "Control" and "Alt" keys on a windows keyboard. That did it, holding
down "Window" while dragging. I didn't think the "Windows" key would
have been used for anything.

All right, thanks for the quick replies.

Any idea what that function is called. If I had know, I probably could
have looked it up myself.

--

!