I bought a computer from a college that was selling its old computers. It is se

WanaBeGeek_21

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I bought a computer from a college that was selling its old computers. It is set up on the colleges network. I am wondering how I could change the settings for it to operate like it was a home computer. Sorry, I am not very tech savvy. Can I just buy the windows 7 operating system like at a computer store, or is it more complicated than that?

you can buy windows 7 if you want to..your going to need a valid os if you need to re image the pc. the collage should have wipped the drive..there a fine from ms on giving or selling pc without a vaild oem key. now there two issues with the netwrok..if it a software that loaded for fix the ip at post..(you have to uninstall if if you can if you have the admin rights) most times you wont be able to. you have to wipe the drive anyway. if it where they changed the ip and made it fixed for there network..going into network settings and turning on auto ip and dhp will fix your issueds without a drive wipe. if your is school you can get windows 7 at a discount. you can also download windows 8 that will run on older hardware better then 7 (it was written as a phone os) you just have to reinstall the os in a few months when the full version comes out.