Fritz8 - help

Could any of you expirienced guys explain me how I can start Fritz8 in
'Friend'-mode or in 'Handicap and Fun'-mode?

If I start a game in Friend-mode and then play maybe for 15 minutes and
then leave the program, then when starting the game again to continue it
starts in Blitz-mode. How comes?

JoVe
Copenhagen

JoVe <jorgenvestergaard@hotmail.com> wrote:
> If I start a game in Friend-mode and then play maybe for 15 minutes and
> then leave the program, then when starting the game again to continue it
> starts in Blitz-mode. How comes?

Because that's the default. You need to start the first game of a session
by explicitly asking for a friend-mode game. The Fritz user-interface
seems to be full of little annoyances like that.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Poetic Sadistic Wine (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a vintage Beaujolais but it wants to

David Richerby wrote:
> JoVe <jorgenvestergaard@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>If I start a game in Friend-mode and then play maybe for 15 minutes and
>>then leave the program, then when starting the game again to continue it
>>starts in Blitz-mode. How comes?
>

> Because that's the default. You need to start the first game of a session
> by explicitly asking for a friend-mode game. The Fritz user-interface
> seems to be full of little annoyances like that.
>

> Dave.

Thanks for the answer! I'm disapointed about this annoyances! At first
glance Fritz looked more persuasive!

JoVe
(Copenhagen)