Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LG has a GPS touchscreen & blutooth iphone type watch...

Last response: in Technologies
June 8, 2010 4:17:12 AM

Ive seen it as my aunt had this watch and she showed it to me where the interphase is like an iphone and you can put a sim card inside it to make calls... have you seen this?
This is only out in Asia and in the middle east...

Best solution

June 8, 2010 6:50:17 PM

Yeah I saw it with the LG rep, it's available for the older model here in N.Am. too;

http://www.expansys.ca/d.aspx?i=179167

Got to play with it early last year before launch.

I think the new one is the 930, but as then it's a little gimmicky more than practical. Be ok as a second emergency phone if you were skiing or something and were worried about a fall separating you from your phone.
Anonymous
June 11, 2010 12:58:34 PM

I think if I was wearing the LG watchphone and skiing I'd be worried about a fall separating my wrist from my body !
m
l
June 11, 2010 7:28:22 PM

Yeah, but it would likely stay on better under my gloves than the one in my backpack or in my jacket that would more easily slid off. I wear either one piece or tethered 2 pieces, but in an avalanche it is common to even lose your jacket. Just thinking every little bit helps, especially if you would put it on an emergency plan (low cost low minutes no access or 911 etc fees).
m
l
June 12, 2010 1:31:41 AM

I don't believe that the time is right for phone watches. However, I am digging the ones that connect to your phone via bluetooth and show you time, who is calling, etc... For example, Allerta has come up with one for the Blackberry:

http://www.getinpulse.com/
m
l
June 21, 2010 3:30:50 AM

Still this is an intriguing concept, like driving your car knowing that your phone is on your watch and using blutooth is alot easier than having to find your phone in your pocket/bag/coat, and setting it on blu tooth.... a really unique device overall
m
l
June 21, 2010 3:42:44 AM

Best answer selected by liquidsnake718.
m
l
!