Audio spriter/distributer

Last response: in Home Audio
September 22, 2005 8:45:37 AM

Hello!

I have a PC soundcard with 1 speaker output. I need this output splited
3 times:
- for PC speakers
- for headphones
- for TV

Is there some simple solution to this? Some audio spliter with correct
impedance for every channel?

Best regards,
Rostfrei
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 9:46:21 AM

kukovec@gmail.com wrote:

> I have a PC soundcard with 1 speaker output. I need this output splited
> 3 times:

> Is there some simple solution to this? Some audio spliter with correct
> impedance for every channel?

You don't need to worry about the "correct" impedance for each
destination. Just use Y cables with the proper connectors to match
where the signal is coming from and where it's going. Or build on.

You can purchase a distribution amplifier, but given your short
description, it's not worth the expense.

If there's a "line" output as well as a speaker output, you might try
using that instead. Sometimes it sounds better.
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 4:52:57 PM

Sorry for my late replay.

No, there is no additional line out as I would use that one also. Just
one for speaker. I checked one simple circuit on

http://home.maine.rr.com/randylinscott/jan98.htm and also on
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/0202062.pdf

but these are active circuits which need power supply. So you say it's
ok just to paralel circuit the speaker output to all devices (speaker,
headphones, TV)? Don't they have to have high impedance input?

Rostfrei
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 9:10:35 AM

kuko...@gmail.com wrote:

> So you say it's
> ok just to paralel circuit the speaker output to all devices (speaker,
> headphones, TV)?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

> Don't they have to have high impedance input?

They do, relative to the output impedance of the sound card. It's not a
problem, considering the non-criticality of your application (based on
what you're connecting to what).
!