New computer and old SB Live Platinum Soundcard - compatab..

Last response: in Home Audio
September 22, 2005 7:29:15 PM

Just ordered a new PC, the specs are at
http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/product_detail.asp?stype=5&p...

I will also in the future be getting a "pro" soundcard but I was wondering
if my old SB Live Platinum and Live Drive II was compatable. I like being
able to fire up Cubase and have the soundfonts available without any latency
problems and without having to load up a VSTi. I write most of my stuff this
way and once I'm done only then do I audition VSTi sounds to match. Back to
the PC, is the SB Live Win XP compatable etc or could I get a newer SB card
but still use the Live Drive II with it.
Cheers
Craig
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 7:29:16 PM

"Big Craigie" <mail@freeservenospam.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D guf6v$3cl$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk
> Just ordered a new PC, the specs are at
> http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/product_detail.asp?stype=5&p...
>
> I will also in the future be getting a "pro" soundcard
> but I was wondering if my old SB Live Platinum and Live
> Drive II was compatable.

I've definately run the SB Live! under XP. Check Creative's
web site to see the exact status of their drivers.
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 8:56:55 PM

"Big Craigie" <mail@freeservenospam.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D guf6v$3cl$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Just ordered a new PC, the specs are at
> http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/product_detail.asp?stype=5&p...
>
> I will also in the future be getting a "pro" soundcard but I was wondering
> if my old SB Live Platinum and Live Drive II was compatable. I like being
> able to fire up Cubase and have the soundfonts available without any
> latency
> problems and without having to load up a VSTi. I write most of my stuff
> this
> way and once I'm done only then do I audition VSTi sounds to match. Back
> the PC, is the SB Live Win XP compatable etc or could I get a newer SB
> card
> but still use the Live Drive II with it.
> Cheers
> Craig

The SBLive will work fine with XP.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 7:53:06 AM

Big Craigie wrote:
> Just ordered a new PC, the specs are at
> http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/product_detail.asp?stype=5&p...
>
> I will also in the future be getting a "pro" soundcard but I was
> wondering if my old SB Live Platinum and Live Drive II was
> compatable.

Well, your new computer has PCI slots and your SB live is a PCI card -
no problem to use both together... Creative makes drivers for XP, so use
both things together. ;-)

Phil
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 5:14:58 PM

Thanks to all who replied. I was just checking.
!