Where<s shredder for the Mac^

Last response: in Video Games
August 30, 2005 2:42:50 AM

A while ago, it was announced that Shredder for the Mac would be out
this Summer. Well the Summer is almost over, but there has been no
further announcements for the Mac Shredder.

Although I have Fritz8 on my PC, I will buy Shredder for the Mac the
second it comes out. Yes I have Sigma Hiarcs for Mac, but I use these
programs mostly for analysis, and the Sigma program has no interactive
analysis for a single move (that allows you to move up and down the
move list), a feature that even every chess program for the Palm
handheld has (and I have all of these too...).

Bottom line: there is no top-line Mac Fritz-like chess program for the
Mac, and it will be great if Shredder for the Mac comes out. My
dual-processor G5 should be great for analyzing games....

But when?

Henri

More about : shredder mac

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 12:02:26 PM

Henri H. Arsenault wrote:
> A while ago, it was announced that Shredder for the Mac would be out
> this Summer. Well the Summer is almost over, but there has been no
> further announcements for the Mac Shredder.
>
> Although I have Fritz8 on my PC, I will buy Shredder for the Mac the
> second it comes out. Yes I have Sigma Hiarcs for Mac, but I use these
> programs mostly for analysis, and the Sigma program has no interactive
> analysis for a single move (that allows you to move up and down the
> move list), a feature that even every chess program for the Palm
> handheld has (and I have all of these too...).
>
> Bottom line: there is no top-line Mac Fritz-like chess program for the
> Mac, and it will be great if Shredder for the Mac comes out. My
> dual-processor G5 should be great for analyzing games....
>
> But when?
>
> Henri

Hard to say. It seems that most programmers have seen them self forced
to look at "very important" stuff like FRC and chess960.
Apart from the thoughts of amatuers that want's to go commercial, the
out-with-the-oldfashioned-chess legaue has gotten most attention this
summer.

Regards,
HD
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 10:04:58 PM

HD wrote:
> Henri H. Arsenault wrote:
>
>> A while ago, it was announced that Shredder for the Mac would be out
>> this Summer. Well the Summer is almost over, but there has been no
>> further announcements for the Mac Shredder.
>>
>> Although I have Fritz8 on my PC, I will buy Shredder for the Mac the
>> second it comes out. Yes I have Sigma Hiarcs for Mac, but I use these
>> programs mostly for analysis, and the Sigma program has no interactive
>> analysis for a single move (that allows you to move up and down the
>> move list), a feature that even every chess program for the Palm
>> handheld has (and I have all of these too...).
>>
>> Bottom line: there is no top-line Mac Fritz-like chess program for the
>> Mac, and it will be great if Shredder for the Mac comes out. My
>> dual-processor G5 should be great for analyzing games....
>>
>> But when?
>>
>> Henri
>

> Hard to say. It seems that most programmers have seen them self forced
> to look at "very important" stuff like FRC and chess960.
> Apart from the thoughts of amatuers that want's to go commercial, the
> out-with-the-oldfashioned-chess legaue has gotten most attention this
> summer.
>
> Regards,
> HD

I wrote to them and i was told mac version single and dual pros version
will be out sept. 2005
Byez
!