Pro Tools/Korg I3

I am a new pro tools user, as well as a midi newbie, and am trying to
configure pro tools to interface to my korg i3 keyboard. I cant figure
out how to add the korg as a midi device in pro tools. Anyone?

Greg.
4 answers Last reply
More about tools korg

    Hello Greg, I'm not sure of the specifics of your situation but pro
    tools should be able to recognize any midi device that is connected via
    it's interface, be it through a DIGI 001, DIGI 002RU or the DIGI 002
    midi in/out. To access internal banks you will need two midi cables
    that will send the output of your Korg to the input of the midi
    interface and the input of your Korg ot the output of your midi
    interface. To simply use your Korg as a general midi controller and
    access software samplers such as Kontakt 2 and Machfive RTA's you will
    only need one midi cable sending the midi output of your korg into the
    input of your digidesign hardware and this can be a great thing ( I say
    this knowing that you are new to all of this) because you can access
    very lifelike samples of drums, orchestral instruments as well as
    banks of vintage synth tones that can be modified to great lengths. In
    this case your Korg only acts as a hardware controller of sounds that
    exist in software on your computer. If you need to know more, just ask.

    - Mike Saracino,
    Music Industry Arts graduate, artist and Independent Record Producer

    63fenderbender wrote:
    > I am a new pro tools user, as well as a midi newbie, and am trying to
    > configure pro tools to interface to my korg i3 keyboard. I cant figure
    > out how to add the korg as a midi device in pro tools. Anyone?
    >
    > Greg.

    Thanks Mike, I did manage to get sound out of the Korg into pro tools
    yesterday, but what I am after at the moment is this: I need a click
    track to record to, and I am trying to use the korg to supply the
    click. The Pro Tools ref manual is not very clear, but it appears you
    can set this up by configuring the click options under the midi menu,
    and then you add a click track to your session. However this doesnt
    seem to give me an audible click track. I can get an audible click, but
    only by running the audio from the korg into ch 7&8 and adding a stereo
    track to the session. I really didnt want to take up two channels just
    to get a click pumped in from the korg. I just feel like I've got to
    missing something. If there is something you can point me to that will
    help me resolve this, I would appreciate it. Again thanks for your
    input

    Greg.

    depends on the OS and the version of tools.
    Try....
    Set-Ups

    >Midi studio set up

    Then go to Midi

    >Metronome settings
    or double click on the metronome icon.

    you can then assign a midi channel and note values for the click.

    There is also a Click Plugin on the latest versions...

    BTW

    Set up an aux input for your keyboard. If it's just a click you really
    only need use one track.

    Personally I use Reason to make up clicks and just import a loop. The
    TCE region sizer tool allows me to change tempo by a few Bpm without
    having to go back to reason. (Alt R for repeat loop.)

    -Studiorat
    Studiorat.

Pro Audio MIDI Audio