Sign in with
Your question

Computer Science (Major) Question

Last response: in Work & Education
January 27, 2012 10:48:11 PM

Hi, I am looking into majoring in computer science. I excel in math and science classes, and I was wondering if I need to be a good artist/drawer to be successful. Is art necessary in computer programming?

Thanks.
February 3, 2012 1:28:51 AM

no. unless you want to be a graphic artist ( or 3d modeling ect...), all other pc skills dont require artistic talent.
February 6, 2012 3:31:02 AM

No, not at all.

Your adviser at your University will determine what classes need to be fulfilled as defined by the Dean of the Department.

What Uni are you planning to attend?
Related resources
July 30, 2012 7:33:48 AM

No usually Art is not involves in programming unless gaming designs, but you should go with your field of interest.
September 29, 2012 5:36:35 PM

blfall said:
Hi, I am looking into majoring in computer science. I excel in math and science classes, and I was wondering if I need to be a good artist/drawer to be successful. Is art necessary in computer programming?

Thanks.

Nah, art is not required unless you take something like intro to drawing or something similar as an elective. As for Programming, you can take that or software engineering, but right now the job market is full of software engineers that have a ton of experience and are out of work trying to find a job. I recently graduated with a 3.55GPA in software engineering and couldn't find a job or an internship because of the lousy job market.

The "HOT" job right now and for the next 3 -5 years is Cyber-Security, check it out and you will see everyone from local business - banks - government - tech industry is looking for degreed cyber-security experts to stop all the hacking that is happening by foreign countries stealing our secrets.
!