  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 29, 2004 1:46:21 PM

When attempting to use the registry program, I received this error message:

"Registry Elector: Cannot import C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\COLORS.RFG. The
specified file is not a registry script. You can import only registry files."

Is there a solution?

Hi Boojum,

How to customize your Zone Chat Colors:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/colors.html

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Boojum" <Boojum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Many playing spades are able to add to the default font colors used to chat.
> Apparently, code is added to the registry. Is there a safe procedure for
> adding colors?
>
> System Configuration Summary
> Operating System Windows 98 SE (4.10.1034.2222)
> Internet Explorer 6.00.2800.1106
> MSN Client 9.10.0009.2900
> MSN 9 Dial-up
> Amount of Memory 319 MB
> Free Disk Space C: 8.16 GB
>
> Thanks,
>
> Boojum

More about : font colors

Anonymous
November 29, 2004 8:28:57 PM

Hi Boojum,

The file won't work on 98 systems. You'll need to manually find this key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Gaming Zone\Chat]
and change the color from ffffff to the new color you want to use.
"FontColor"=dword:ffffff

regedit mistakes can be fatal. Proceed with caution and at your risk.

--

!