Font Colors

When attempting to use the registry program, I received this error message:

"Registry Elector: Cannot import C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\COLORS.RFG. The
specified file is not a registry script. You can import only registry files."

Is there a solution?

Hi Boojum,

How to customize your Zone Chat Colors:
http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/colors.html

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

"Boojum" <Boojum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Many playing spades are able to add to the default font colors used to chat.
> Apparently, code is added to the registry. Is there a safe procedure for
> adding colors?
>
> System Configuration Summary
> Operating System Windows 98 SE (4.10.1034.2222)
> Internet Explorer 6.00.2800.1106
> MSN Client 9.10.0009.2900
> MSN 9 Dial-up
> Amount of Memory 319 MB
> Free Disk Space C: 8.16 GB
>
> Thanks,
>
> Boojum
1 answer Last reply
More about font colors

    Hi Boojum,

    The file won't work on 98 systems. You'll need to manually find this key:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Gaming Zone\Chat]
    and change the color from ffffff to the new color you want to use.
    "FontColor"=dword:ffffff

    regedit mistakes can be fatal. Proceed with caution and at your risk.

    --

    "Boojum" <Boojum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48A278FC-94C8-4162-A632-9A78254DDD7D@microsoft.com...
    | When attempting to use the registry program, I received this error message:
    |
    | "Registry Elector: Cannot import C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\COLORS.RFG. The
    | specified file is not a registry script. You can import only registry files."
    |
    | Is there a solution?
    |
    | Hi Boojum,
    |
    | How to customize your Zone Chat Colors:
    | http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/colors.html
    |
    | --
    | Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    |
    | Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    | MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    | My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    | _________________________________________________________
    |
    | "Boojum" <Boojum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > Many playing spades are able to add to the default font colors used to chat.
    | > Apparently, code is added to the registry. Is there a safe procedure for
    | > adding colors?
    | >
    | > System Configuration Summary
    | > Operating System Windows 98 SE (4.10.1034.2222)
    | > Internet Explorer 6.00.2800.1106
    | > MSN Client 9.10.0009.2900
    | > MSN 9 Dial-up
    | > Amount of Memory 319 MB