Sign in with
Your question

Best USB dongle?

Last response: in Technologies
July 3, 2010 2:05:12 AM

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find a thread that really covered what I'm looking for.

I recently purchased an IOGear Bluetooth dongle (the short range one, class 2?). I also bought a logitech bluetooth keyboard (Mediaboard Pro). It's connected and working, but I am having some issues with range. Especially when I try putting my computer in my entertainment center. Would I have better luck with either a Class 1 Bluetooth dongle, or perhaps a more reliable brand (which would be...)? Or am I just SOL with this setup?

More about : usb dongle

July 3, 2010 4:41:52 AM

Is it one of those mini adapters? I've found those to be worthless when it comes to range. Go with a full sized StarTech if you are looking for decent range. I've had one for a few years now and also have keyboard/mouse rigged to it a good 25-30 feet away. No issues with connectivity or lapses.
m
l
July 3, 2010 2:07:13 PM

Yeah, it is a low-profile one. I guess it makes sense that it might not get as good a signal. I was wanting to use this as an HTPC with the dongle on the back in my entertainment center. Hopefully there will be room for a full size one.
m
l
!