Chessmaster 10 v1.0.2 no CD crack?

I'm having a lot of trouble finding the 'official' no CD crack for 1.0.2.
Does this exist any longer, is it still floating around somewhere. Has
anyone here ever tried to contact Ubisoft with such a request, showing them
proof-of-purchase? Sad that since I actually paid for the game, I don't
have the same convenience as with a pirated version.

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:19:03 -0400, Grackle wrote:

> I'm having a lot of trouble finding the 'official' no CD crack for 1.0.2.
> Does this exist any longer, is it still floating around somewhere.

http://gamecopyworld.com/ Got it there when the copy protection refused
to recognise the original CD in one of my drives. Still ridiculous that I
have to do that. (Needless to say, when I had written in because of the
trouble, I didn't even receive an answer.)

M.

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 19:19:03 -0400, Grackle wrote:
>
>> I'm having a lot of trouble finding the 'official' no CD crack for 1.0.2.
>> Does this exist any longer, is it still floating around somewhere.
>
> http://gamecopyworld.com/ Got it there when the copy protection refused
> to recognise the original CD in one of my drives. Still ridiculous that I
> have to do that. (Needless to say, when I had written in because of the
> trouble, I didn't even receive an answer.)
>
> M.

Thanks very much, it worked!

Michael Vondung wrote:
> http://gamecopyworld.com/ Got it there when the copy protection
> refused to recognise the original CD in one of my drives. Still
> ridiculous that I have to do that. (Needless to say, when I had
> written in because of the trouble, I didn't even receive an answer.)

I'm shocked! They didn't even dignify you with a "Sorry, we do not support
your CD-drive"?

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 19:34:00 +0200, Morten Skarstad wrote:

> I'm shocked! They didn't even dignify you with a "Sorry, we do not support
> your CD-drive"?

Hey, after shelling out forty Euro bucks, they could at least have sent
back some pre-written drivel! :)

Anyway, it's still silly that they use a copy protection system that
doesn't work with an (apparently) larger number of drives (judging by the
customer feedback at amazon.com).

M.

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Is this why amazon.co.uk is selling it for less than £10? I bought
Chessmaster 10 for less than the 'discount' range Chessmaster 9000, which
sells for £9.99 in the shops - and around £6 at amazon.