CaRnaGe

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2003
I just got my new computer. I have an Pentium 4 2.4c, ic7-Max3 Motherboard, 2x512 OCZ PC4000 Gold Edition ram. The problem is my ram is only running at a frequency of 200mhz. My timings are 2.5-4-4-7. Anyone know how I can get my ram up to speed? I know my motherboard supports this ram. Any response would be appreciated.

dunno

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I don't think anything above PC3200 is an official spec. It's basically just a guarantee that it can overclock that high so you'll need to overclock the memory manually.

CaRnaGe

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2003
Yeah, it's at stock settings. I've tried bumping my FSB. But, my computer won't boot at 210 FSB... I'm hoping it's because of my GeForece 2 32mb vid card. How exactly do u overclock memory speed?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your memory speed is IDEAL right now for your CPU speed. If you overclock your CPU bus to 250MHz, your memory will be running at full speed.

Your GeForce2 should be able to handle ANY overclocks on that system, these cards were FAMOUS for handling high bus overclocks, and I doubt your board overclocks the AGP bus automatically anyway.

So it looks like your REAL problem is getting your CPU overclocked to 250MHz FSB! And that would be a good question for the CPU's Overclocking forum!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>