Blank screen after reinstalling memory

G

I am having a problem with my computer it was working great before I did a good cleaning on it, every thing is installed back the way it was but when I installed the memory and started the computer up I get a blank screen the green light on the monitor is just flashing not coming on steady. Nothing has changed other than lack of dust. I have resetted the ram 3 or 4 times and checked all my conections. Any ideas as to what may be causing this problem. everyting worked great before the cleaning.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You might have bumped your video card a little loose in the slot.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

lunitic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2003
You might have killed your ram, possibly static electricity. But also your PSU might be not connected. what's happening and what's not?

twofruitz

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2003
my computer did this, after days of scratching my head i found out the my graphics card was out by about 1 mm. push it in hard and try it again,

---------
Intel PIV 2.4C @ 3.0G \
Asus P4C800 \
Corsair 2x512 3200LL memory \
Radeon 9600pro @ 500/700/1.35 \
SB Live 5.1 \
80G Seagate S-ATA150 \
430 Antec 1080AMG