PC to MAC recording of moves?

I use a PC and a Windows chess program that allows me to make my moves
on screen and then copy and paste the updated score to an email
message. My opponent uses a MAC and tells me that he has a chess
program which came bundled with his system and is asking me if there is
any way to paste or export his moves to me. He's not all that computer
literate, and I'm illiterate when it comes to MACs.

If someone can give me a simple explanation I can pass on to him, I'd
much appreciate it.
1 answer Last reply
More about recording moves
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.chess.computer (More info?)

    I recommend using the PGN (Portable Game Notation) format. Most chess
    programs (Mac or PC) can import and export in PGN format. If your
    program doesn't support PGN format, you can use the freeware application
    ChessPad (available to download at http://www.wmlsoftware.com/) to enter
    moves and export to PGN for your friend. There are probably other
    freeware/shareware apps that you could use, but as a Mac User myself, I
    couldn't provide specific recommendations.

    John

    Chula wrote:
    > I use a PC and a Windows chess program that allows me to make my moves
    > on screen and then copy and paste the updated score to an email
    > message. My opponent uses a MAC and tells me that he has a chess
    > program which came bundled with his system and is asking me if there is
    > any way to paste or export his moves to me. He's not all that computer
    > literate, and I'm illiterate when it comes to MACs.
    >
    > If someone can give me a simple explanation I can pass on to him, I'd
    > much appreciate it.

PC gaming Computers Games Macintosh Video Games