Tuchel - where ?

Last response: in Home Audio
September 27, 2005 2:38:43 PM

Anybody know where 3-pin Tuchels are available, new, NOS, used, or whatever
?

geoff

More about : tuchel

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:38:44 PM

Geoff@work wrote:
> Anybody know where 3-pin Tuchels are available, new, NOS, used, or whatever

You mean like the ones used on Sennheiser mics in days of yore (and
maybe still in Europe)? You can get both the mating plug and an adapter
to XLR-M from Sennheiser. But I suspect you won't like the price. I
didn't, and used a 3-pin DIN plug, available at hamfests, electronics
supply stores a cut above Radio Shack, or distributors like DigiKey.
There's no locking threaded collar or shielded body, but you can't beat
the price.
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:38:44 PM

These connectors are still made by Amphenol Tuchel Electronics; they
have Web sites on www.amphenol.com and www.amphenol-tuchel.com . They
are considered "industrial" connectors and it looks to me as if the
ones you want are listed under the heading "Circular connectors C 091".

--best regards
September 27, 2005 2:38:44 PM

Geoff@work wrote:
> Anybody know where 3-pin Tuchels are available, new, NOS, used, or whatever
> ?
>
> geoff

Male or female? I have a few boxes of Tuchels here...

retrotechATcomcastDOTnet
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 2:38:44 PM

In article <XL_Ze.14512$iM2.1197224@news.xtra.co.nz>,
Geoff@work <gwood@nospam-audioproducts.co.nz> wrote:
>Anybody know where 3-pin Tuchels are available, new, NOS, used, or whatever
>?

In the US, you can order them from Newark Electronics, if you know the
exact part number.

The Sennheiser parts department also keeps them in stock, and I think they
charge less than Newark if you only want a couple.
--scott

September 28, 2005 5:38:18 PM

Try Allied Electronics at www.alliedelec.com

They will have them and there's no minimum order if you purchase
online.

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article <XL_Ze.14512$iM2.1197224@news.xtra.co.nz>,
> Geoff@work <gwood@nospam-audioproducts.co.nz> wrote:
> >Anybody know where 3-pin Tuchels are available, new, NOS, used, or whatever
> >?
>
> In the US, you can order them from Newark Electronics, if you know the
> exact part number.
>
> The Sennheiser parts department also keeps them in stock, and I think they
> charge less than Newark if you only want a couple.
> --scott

September 28, 2005 5:38:49 PM

Try Allied Electronics at www.alliedelec.com

Scott Dorsey wrote:
> In article <XL_Ze.14512$iM2.1197224@news.xtra.co.nz>,
> Geoff@work <gwood@nospam-audioproducts.co.nz> wrote:
> >Anybody know where 3-pin Tuchels are available, new, NOS, used, or whatever
> >?
>
> In the US, you can order them from Newark Electronics, if you know the
> exact part number.
>
> The Sennheiser parts department also keeps them in stock, and I think they
> charge less than Newark if you only want a couple.
> --scott

September 29, 2005 9:14:25 AM

Roxanne wrote:
> Try Allied Electronics at www.alliedelec.com
>
> They will have them and there's no minimum order if you purchase
> online.

So no one wants cheap ones, I guess?
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 1:32:42 PM

<glazierg@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Geoff@work wrote:
>> Anybody know where 3-pin Tuchels are available, new, NOS, used, or
>> whatever
>> ?
>>
>> geoff
>
> Male or female? I have a few boxes of Tuchels here...
>
> retrotechATcomcastDOTnet

Now not sure it is a Tuchel, given that Mike R successfully used a DIN (3?)
on his.

This one it the same triangular pattern as a DIN3, but larger. Socket body
diameter is 18mm, and the spacing between the 'across-wise' pins is around
10mm . The chassis 'shell' resepticle is 19mm diameter, so the plug rim must
be >1mm I guess ! There is a small 'flat' on the socket body, opposite the
pin 3 , and a locating titty on the shell opposite the flat..

geoff
January 6, 2006 7:50:48 PM

Please, I need also some male 3-pin Tuchel connectors... could somebody help me on this?
Thanks and Happy 2006!
JOSE
http://jvgavila.com
May 18, 2006 5:28:22 PM

Hi there,

I have various Tuchel plugs and sockets all unused.

If anyone still wants some email me at touchwoodpicturesltd@hotmail.com and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Mike
!