msn game zone

i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
pink from Pa

Hi Pinkbunnybabe,

To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html
Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
"Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
Need list of ports? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :)

MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Games Zone"
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"pinkbunnybabe" <pinkbunnybabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
> Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
> deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
> told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
> was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
> games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
> installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
> pink from Pa

i went to the site u gave me. I tried to download classic .zone.msn..disabled
evrthing it did not install.plus i got the message...web page cannto be shown
or something like that. Could be SP2 ?Since I didnt have this problem b4

"pinkbunnybabe" wrote:

> i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
> Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
> deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
> told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
> was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
> games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
> installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
> pink from Pa

Hi,

It could be your Internet Explorer settings.
Try http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

--

>i went to the site u gave me. I tried to download classic .zone.msn..disabled
> evrthing it did not install.plus i got the message...web page cannto be shown
> or something like that. Could be SP2 ?Since I didnt have this problem b4
>
> "pinkbunnybabe" wrote:
>
>> i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
>> Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
>> deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
>> told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
>> was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
>> games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
>> installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
>> pink from Pa

thanks for the help but i got to thinking all the changes involved, so I
uninstalled SP2 and the free games work now Thanks again.. Pink

"Jimmy S." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It could be your Internet Explorer settings.
> Try http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
>
> --
> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
>
> Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
>
> "pinkbunnybabe" <pinkbunnybabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i went to the site u gave me. I tried to download classic .zone.msn..disabled
> > evrthing it did not install.plus i got the message...web page cannto be shown
> > or something like that. Could be SP2 ?Since I didnt have this problem b4
> >
> > "pinkbunnybabe" wrote:
> >
> >> i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
> >> Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
> >> deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
> >> told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
> >> was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
> >> games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
> >> installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
> >> pink from Pa

I'm glad that's working for you again Pink! :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.