msn game zone

i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
pink from Pa
5 answers Last reply
More about game zone

    Hi Pinkbunnybabe,

    To troubleshoot MSN Gaming Zone issues, try my website:

    Can't get in? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    Can't load game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/java.html
    Can't install Zone? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/rezone.html
    "Failed to Download" error: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftd.html

    Can't join or host game? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ftl.html
    Blocked by a router? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/howto.html
    Need list of ports? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ports.html
    Lag / Disconnects? http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

    Please visit http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/ for more of my pages! :-)

    MSN Gaming Zone also provides it's own current help pages
    at: http://zone.msn.com/en/support/article/supporttoc.htm

    Official support is provided by email to zmaster@microsoft.com

    The Zone newsgroups are listed in the left side of this "Community
    Newsgroups" windows under " PC Games" > "Games Zone"
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/newsReader.aspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.games.zone&sloc=en-us

    I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "pinkbunnybabe" <pinkbunnybabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
    > Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
    > deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
    > told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
    > was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
    > games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
    > installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
    > pink from Pa

    i went to the site u gave me. I tried to download classic .zone.msn..disabled
    evrthing it did not install.plus i got the message...web page cannto be shown
    or something like that. Could be SP2 ?Since I didnt have this problem b4

    "pinkbunnybabe" wrote:

    > i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
    > Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
    > deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
    > told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
    > was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
    > games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
    > installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
    > pink from Pa
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    It could be your Internet Explorer settings.
    Try http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html

    --

    >i went to the site u gave me. I tried to download classic .zone.msn..disabled
    > evrthing it did not install.plus i got the message...web page cannto be shown
    > or something like that. Could be SP2 ?Since I didnt have this problem b4
    >
    > "pinkbunnybabe" wrote:
    >
    >> i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
    >> Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
    >> deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
    >> told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
    >> was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
    >> games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
    >> installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
    >> pink from Pa
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    thanks for the help but i got to thinking all the changes involved, so I
    uninstalled SP2 and the free games work now Thanks again.. Pink

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > It could be your Internet Explorer settings.
    > Try http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >
    > "pinkbunnybabe" <pinkbunnybabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >i went to the site u gave me. I tried to download classic .zone.msn..disabled
    > > evrthing it did not install.plus i got the message...web page cannto be shown
    > > or something like that. Could be SP2 ?Since I didnt have this problem b4
    > >
    > > "pinkbunnybabe" wrote:
    > >
    > >> i cant play the "free" online games.i click on the download for"Essential MSN
    > >> Games File" and get unable to install. I have disabled all firewalls,pop-ups,
    > >> deleted files. Funny i can download the games but not the free ones. Somebody
    > >> told me it was the ActiveX control that is missing.I was also told that it
    > >> was bad to had in your pc. If it is so bad ,why does MSN need it for its own
    > >> games.I didnt have this problem before I installed SP2.I have the DirectX
    > >> installed. Please help me. My husband also cant download on his pc...THanks
    > >> pink from Pa

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    I'm glad that's working for you again Pink! :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "pinkbunny" <pinkbunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D27E88B-8FAC-4335-B622-97F301FF4AA5@microsoft.com...
    > thanks for the help but i got to thinking all the changes involved, so I
    > uninstalled SP2 and the free games work now Thanks again.. Pink
    >
    > "Jimmy S." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> It could be your Internet Explorer settings.
    >> Try http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/IE.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    >> Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    >> Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    >> MS Assisted Support: http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance
    >> My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    >>
    >> "pinkbunnybabe" <pinkbunnybabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >i went to the site u gave me. I tried to download classic .zone.msn..disabled
    >> > evrthing it did not install.plus i got the message...web page cannto be shown
    >> > or something like that. Could be SP2 ?Since I didnt have this problem b4

Download MSN Games Video Games