Sign in with
Your question

audigy 2 oem driver problems

Last response: in Components
October 31, 2003 12:31:18 PM

I replaced my TB SC recently due to dropping sound immediately after start and turning on and off randomly in ACES HIGH game online I got an audigy 2 oem version

I got this card from techsys on FleaBay and installed it last night, it is an oem that is from Gateway originally and it is new and was in a sealed static bag. Gateway has a driver for it and when installed it shows up as an Audigy [de80] not audigy 2 but I suspect that is correct (audigy 2 is imprinted on the main chip on the board) my Problem is I cannot install any of the web driver updates, I get a message that no audigy 2 card is found, I cannot install the drivers from the retail CD either ( I downloaded this) but can install the other apps like eax console etc if I navigate to the proper sub-folder etc.... I'd really like to be able to update the drivers and applications for this card, is there an ini or inf tweak I can try or other work around to get the creative drivers updates to install ??

TIA
sys specs follow:

p4c800-e
2x256 ocz gold pc4000 2.5, 4 4 8
2.4C ghz cpu @ 3.20
zalman 7000cu AS3
ati 9700 pro retail
audigy 2 card in pci slot 5
ThermalTake 480 psu
ThermalTake xaserIII all alum. case
PAT and Dual channel enabled and working, legacy usb disabled

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>
November 7, 2003 5:34:34 AM

This doesnt help, and I dont want to troll.. but I cant help but say "why oh why did you go with creative?"

If the TBSC wasnt working out for you, go Revolution 7.1... try to send that card back to them.

You have my sympathy but I dont have any useful information. Sorry. :frown:

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.
<b>I’M NOT A ATI FANBOY, I’M NOT A NV FANBOY, I’M A STABILITY FANBOY</b>
November 8, 2003 12:11:41 PM

Another reason to stay away from OEM, Sorry for you!

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>
Related resources
November 8, 2003 12:19:15 PM

well 1st I got the creative because I was able to grab it for 1/2 the price of the fortisimo etc and 2nd oem has always been ok for me until this point and has saved me 100's of dollars and 3rd the good news is the latest creative webupdate of 11/6/03 that also installs eax 4.0 support works just fine with the card .. I do miss the elegance of my tb sc though and will try to get it to work again sometime when I have the time.. if not next system I build I will install it first and hope it is compatible . <A HREF="http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download2.asp?..." target="_new"> link to new drivers (xp edition)</A>

<b><font color=red>Just because you are ignoring those voices in your head doesn't mean they aren't talking about you</b></font color=red>
November 19, 2003 5:31:53 AM

Did you try the non WHQL'd TBSC drivers? They are recently dated.. middle 2003 I think.

----
I just tell it like it is and some can't handle it. If your experience is different, well congratu-fukulation.
<b>I’M NOT A ATI FANBOY, I’M NOT A NV FANBOY, I’M A STABILITY FANBOY</b>
!