Zone mixer with LED VU meters?

Last response: in Home Audio
September 27, 2005 12:36:13 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a mixer to be rackmounted, one unit high, with
controls at the front. I have been looking around and it appears that
this type of mixer is referred to as a "zone mixer". Is that correct,
or are zone mixers something special?

Now, I am specifically looking for a mixer with these specs, that also
has stereo LED VU meters. So far, I have been unable to find any models
to have this.

Are there any models available that meet all these requirements?

Thanks,

Edsko

More about : zone mixer led meters

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 12:54:19 PM

Perhaps I should add that it should preferably have line (cinch) inputs
and 1/4" jack inputs too (for instance, for a synthesizer). XLR inputs
are not too important.

Thanks :-)

Edsko
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 10:22:30 PM

"Edsko de Vries" <devriese@cs.tcd.ie> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a mixer to be rackmounted, one unit high, with
> controls at the front. I have been looking around and it appears that
> this type of mixer is referred to as a "zone mixer". Is that correct,
> or are zone mixers something special?
>
> Now, I am specifically looking for a mixer with these specs, that also
> has stereo LED VU meters. So far, I have been unable to find any models
> to have this.
>
> Are there any models available that meet all these requirements?

Line mixer; Behringer make one, the Pro RX1602

http://www.behringer.com/RX1602/index.cfm?lang=ENG

It's rackmounted, one unit high, controls at the front, with stereo LED VU
meters. Inputs are quarter-inch jack plugs, balanced or unbalanced.
(Sorry, I don;t know what you mean by "cinch" inputs. If they are RCA phono
connectors, you can get phono-to-jack convertors ... or of course you can
buy or make ohone to hack leads.)

132 Euros list price, though you can often get a discount on Behringer
equipment.

Tim
!