Closed

Behringer DDX3216 problem

Last response: in Home Audio
September 28, 2005 2:23:07 AM

Hi All,

I have a few questions about the Behringer DDX3216.

I purchased my mixer in early 2003. I used it for about 3 months and then
put it away during home remodeling; It was running ok then.

Last week I set it up to do some recording; booted up the 3216 and it
locked. I lost output on the left channel and the display was scrambled.
Rebooting gives the same error pattern with +1 8 displayed on the LEDs.

I see on the screen black horizontal lines, every other button is lit-up,
every fader has all of it's LED'S lit-up, and half of the
meters are maxed.

Nothing is hooked up to the DDX3216; I tried the reset procedure on Page 50
of the manual and that does not fix the problem.
anyone have any ideas?

I called Behringer and was told to contact Deltronics Audio in Chicago. (I
live about 127 miles from Chicago)

Does anyone know anything about the quality of Deltronics work; I contacted
them, told them of the symptoms of my mixer and they said it's probably my
power supply?

Thanks,

nYcTracks

There is a solution!"

http://www.giantcompany.com
April 26, 2007 1:06:28 AM

I recently purchased the same Digital Mixing Board. The seller claims its new. However, when I received it I experienced the following problems. Some similar to yours. I was wondering you got yours fixed?
1. Faulty LCD Display - Missing few vertical rows of dots
2. Noisy Pre Amplifier
3. High pitch noise coming out of all outputs
4. Signal loaded down tremendously when insert points were used as tape sends to a multi-track recorder.
5. Now the unit freezes up
6. Please note the unit was not fully tested. There may be other problems which are not listed here.
September 3, 2009 8:42:23 AM

I had exactly the same problem with one of our desks.

the cure was within the power supply (it takes many many screws to remove)

one of the regulators was poorly fitted to the heatsink (not touching)

after application of heat paste and properly screwing it to the heatsink the problem dissapeared.

be sure to avoid damaging faders by pulling on the wiring loom (very fragile)
Related resources
November 25, 2009 11:02:05 PM

I have the same problem as described above, with a picture for reference. I have a contact that can get me the power supply for free. I will report the results after i get the power supply from him.
December 29, 2009 9:09:01 PM

david_ellwood said:
I had exactly the same problem with one of our desks.

the cure was within the power supply (it takes many many screws to remove)

one of the regulators was poorly fitted to the heatsink (not touching)

after application of heat paste and properly screwing it to the heatsink the problem dissapeared.

be sure to avoid damaging faders by pulling on the wiring loom (very fragile)

Dear david,
i have a DDX3216 with exactly the same problem. I read your post and ik removed the PSU but i couldn't find any lose regulator. Could you tell me which one was the faulty one in your desk?

With regards,
Michel van der Breggen
March 23, 2010 7:12:37 AM

Hi all.

The best way to fix the problem is to re-solder the whole power printboard. Its impossible to "see" the problem wit a bad solder point.

I have had two DDX3216 (and still have) and both of them have had this problem.

After re-soldering the power printboard they have been working for many years now ( 7 and 5 years) :D

Harald
Norway
Anonymous
August 31, 2010 8:34:20 AM

PLEASE, I NEED LCD DISPLAY! SOMEBODY HELP ME?
October 6, 2010 4:10:30 PM

This topic has been closed by 4ryan6
!