The attitude is still there

I made a poor little new warrier and went to Brit on the Pacific
shard. Stood by the bank and all I said was, "hmmm, I need something
to ride." and in less than 10 minutes I was given a ridgeback, a
check for 1 million gold and offered a house. I'd say that the spirit
of Ultima is still there despite the PKs.

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
> I made a poor little new warrier and went to Brit on the Pacific
> shard. Stood by the bank and all I said was, "hmmm, I need something
> to ride." and in less than 10 minutes I was given a ridgeback, a
> check for 1 million gold and offered a house. I'd say that the spirit
> of Ultima is still there despite the PKs.
>

> --
> Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
> http://www.shamikaserver.com

Money in this game is so easy to come by it's rediculous. The econmy is
shot all to hell thanks to scammers, and hacks that handing out a million or
two to some poor soul is nothing amazing.

In this foul year of our lord Sun, 25 Apr 2004 02:19:08 -0500,
"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> proclaimed:

> I made a poor little new warrier and went to Brit on the Pacific
>shard. Stood by the bank and all I said was, "hmmm, I need something
>to ride." and in less than 10 minutes I was given a ridgeback, a
>check for 1 million gold and offered a house. I'd say that the spirit
>of Ultima is still there despite the PKs.

Hmmm...

I bet your new character was female ;-)

Jared of Europa
-*-
"I have often deprived myself of the necessities of life,
but I have never consented to give up a luxury."

Jared of Europa wrote:
> In this foul year of our lord Sun, 25 Apr 2004 02:19:08 -0500,
> "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> proclaimed:
>

>> I made a poor little new warrier and went to Brit on the Pacific
>>shard. Stood by the bank and all I said was, "hmmm, I need something
>>to ride." and in less than 10 minutes I was given a ridgeback, a
>>check for 1 million gold and offered a house. I'd say that the spirit
>>of Ultima is still there despite the PKs.
>

> Hmmm...
>
> I bet your new character was female ;-)

Nope. And the next thing that happened is someone opend a gate and
took me to Luna and bought me a Book of Chivalry when I asked what a
recall was and how do you do it. He gave me 3500 gold and said now
buy the book then go back in the moon gate.

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

But the fact that someone WOULD do that as opposed to selling it on EBay for
15.00 is kinda nice to see :)
Don't get Too disalusioned... Nothing is absolute. There will always be good
ppl in this game and it's kinda
demeaning to them when you blow off nice gestures by "The econmy..." Etc.
Just because the econimy is blown doesn't mean that someone feels that gold
isn't valuable. Point in fact you can sell 1mil on Ebay for more than you
pay for a month of UO.
AND btw, I've never made a million in this game. The high point of my game
was when I realized I had 500K from hunting monsters... (Solens, ie,
reciently) and I have played since '98.

Alminair

Alminair wrote:
> But the fact that someone WOULD do that as opposed to selling it on EBay for
> 15.00 is kinda nice to see :)
> Don't get Too disalusioned... Nothing is absolute. There will always be good
> ppl in this game and it's kinda
> demeaning to them when you blow off nice gestures by "The econmy..." Etc.
> Just because the econimy is blown doesn't mean that someone feels that gold
> isn't valuable. Point in fact you can sell 1mil on Ebay for more than you
> pay for a month of UO.
> AND btw, I've never made a million in this game. The high point of my game
> was when I realized I had 500K from hunting monsters... (Solens, ie,
> reciently) and I have played since '98.
>
> Alminair

This guy apparently had several million and was quitting the game.
I couldn't take the house because I already have one on Atlantic. If
I had I would have done the same thing thought and give it to someone
just starting.

--

"Alminair" <alminair@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> But the fact that someone WOULD do that as opposed to selling it on EBay
for
> 15.00 is kinda nice to see :)
> Don't get Too disalusioned... Nothing is absolute. There will always be
good
> ppl in this game and it's kinda
> demeaning to them when you blow off nice gestures by "The econmy..." Etc.
> Just because the econimy is blown doesn't mean that someone feels that
gold
> isn't valuable. Point in fact you can sell 1mil on Ebay for more than you
> pay for a month of UO.
> AND btw, I've never made a million in this game. The high point of my game
> was when I realized I had 500K from hunting monsters... (Solens, ie,
> reciently) and I have played since '98.
>
> Alminair

And why bother keeping so much gold anyway? Once you have a house and gold
for basic supplies and to remodel the house if the mood strikes, what good
is it but a way to tie up some of your storage? I've just over a quarter mil
at the moment and have no real interest in having more. I'm in this game to
have fun not pile up imaginary gold. :)

"Alminair" <alminair@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Just because the econimy is blown doesn't mean that someone feels that gold
>isn't valuable. Point in fact you can sell 1mil on Ebay for more than you
>pay for a month of UO.

Heck, it took me months to raise the million I needed to pay off a
loan, and more months to raise the $500k I need to replace my Malas
house. If it were not for the fact that I have a *sweet* vendor spot
(selling thorns on a vendor reachable from inside of the 'glow farmers
fields), I'd be nowhere near my goals.

There's a lot of folks in the game who don't have millions to toss
around.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

"Baydlor" <baydlor@hotmail.com> wrote:
>And why bother keeping so much gold anyway? Once you have a house and gold
>for basic supplies and to remodel the house if the mood strikes, what good
>is it but a way to tie up some of your storage?

To feed my two favorite hobbies in UO; esoteric mace weapons and food
rares.

>I've just over a quarter mil at the moment and have no real interest in having more.
>I'm in this game to have fun not pile up imaginary gold. :)

The trick is to have fun *and* pile up gold. Some days I farm, some
days I just wander.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:52:39 +0000, Baydlor wrote:

*snip*

> And why bother keeping so much gold anyway? Once you have a house and gold
> for basic supplies and to remodel the house if the mood strikes, what good
> is it but a way to tie up some of your storage? I've just over a quarter
> mil at the moment and have no real interest in having more. I'm in this
> game to have fun not pile up imaginary gold. :)
I have my house and stuff now, so I use my gold to to buy power and
statsscrolls. They are expensive so at the moment there is a
lot of dragonhunting and BOD business. Try to get them myself I have given
up long ago...I get killed all the time by PK:s so I got tired of it. Too
bad they put champ spawns in Fel only, thats the one thing in UO that
really bothers me.
When I have acquired all the scrolls I want to my chars,
I dont know what to do in UO really, an occasional hunt with my guild I
guess, but I like the "build" phase, and when I have 250 stats on my main
fighting chars, there is nothing more to build really....time to move on
soon maybe, or perhaps the new expansion I read a little about can put new
blood into the game (?)

/ZW

And the scammers.. YOU

"Mieke Schotting" <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote in message

> Im not sure if you guys read that thread at the stratics board, where you
> could vote
> to add powerscrolls to Trammel?
>
> Outcome was 70/ 71 or something.
> (Id post a link, but either the site is down, or I cant acces it)
>
> Bottom line is: pks/ Fel players scream and post a lot at stratics, where
> Devs actually seem to read the posts too.

Post the link here. I'll put my last post on that forum.

I wonder if the Devs read that board because they are pkers wanting to have
fun at the expense of others too. Given the trend it wouldn't surprise me.
:)

"EggBert" <EggzRnice@the.henhouse.Bok> wrote in message
> And the scammers.. YOU

I agree. What a prick Windsor is. We all knew that already.

"Derek Lyons" <derekl1963@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message

> There's a lot of folks in the game who don't have millions to toss
> around.

damn straight. and even if I had i would rather give and waste the time to
help someone really in need then a lying scamming prick like windsor.

"Baydlor" <baydlor@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> "Mieke Schotting" <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote in message
> >
> > Im not sure if you guys read that thread at the stratics board, where
you
> > could vote
> > to add powerscrolls to Trammel?
> >
> > Outcome was 70/ 71 or something.
> > (Id post a link, but either the site is down, or I cant acces it)
> >
> > Bottom line is: pks/ Fel players scream and post a lot at stratics,
where
> > Devs actually seem to read the posts too.
> >

> Post the link here. I'll put my last post on that forum.

Its a bit down the board, at page 5 atm:

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=uoideas&Number=4492266&page=4&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&what2=postlist&fpart=

> I wonder if the Devs read that board because they are pkers wanting to
have
> fun at the expense of others too. Given the trend it wouldn't surprise me.
> :)

Well, if you read that mb often, its really frequented mostly by fel players
it seems. Or maybe
theyre just more vocal.
But seeing how the new update will focus on PvP stuff I wonder if devs even
take into account how empty
Fel is.

Earendil

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:11:41 +0200, "Mieke Schotting"
<mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote:

>Well, if you read that mb often, its really frequented mostly by fel players
>it seems. Or maybe
>theyre just more vocal.
>But seeing how the new update will focus on PvP stuff I wonder if devs even
>take into account how empty
>Fel is.
>
>Earendil

Well, that one new developer (forgot his name) had the attitude that they
should be designing the game for the majority also. That would seem to
mean Trammel or the non-PvP crowd. I guess they can do both- fix PvP
stuff and add new content for everyone else.

What would I like? Two-handed greatswords for paladins, custom weapons
and armor (that require much questing to build), nameable items like in
Rogue, Khaldun in Trammel's Lost Lands, Powerscrolls evenly for both
Trammel and Felucca and better spawn in the Lost Lands (still seems empty
in Trammel.)

Hiya Ear! My project is done, my Dad is out of the hospital for now and
I'm playing UO again.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Polychromic" <macecil@attbi.com> schreef in bericht
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:11:41 +0200, "Mieke Schotting"
> <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote:
>
> >Well, if you read that mb often, its really frequented mostly by fel
players
> >it seems. Or maybe
> >theyre just more vocal.
> >But seeing how the new update will focus on PvP stuff I wonder if devs
even
> >take into account how empty
> >Fel is.
> >
> >Earendil
>
> Well, that one new developer (forgot his name) had the attitude that they
> should be designing the game for the majority also. That would seem to
> mean Trammel or the non-PvP crowd. I guess they can do both- fix PvP
> stuff and add new content for everyone else.
>
> What would I like? Two-handed greatswords for paladins, custom weapons
> and armor (that require much questing to build), nameable items like in
> Rogue, Khaldun in Trammel's Lost Lands, Powerscrolls evenly for both
> Trammel and Felucca and better spawn in the Lost Lands (still seems empty
> in Trammel.)

My number 1 wish is to have all the champion spawns in Trammel.:p
Im not saying: remove them from Fel, but add them to Trammel too.
Not only do I think the monopoly pks have on the scrolls is disgusting, but
also:
champion spawns are (IMO) the most fun thing to do in the game right now.
I did a few in fel and if you neglect the lame reds that killed us a couple
of times, the spawns itsself
were great.

> Hiya Ear! My project is done, my Dad is out of the hospital for now and
> I'm playing UO again.

Woot.:)
That means dieing again..uhm I mean treasure maps here I come.:p

Earendil

Psychotic moron spewed:

> Wow

STFU, you've been told already you are not wanted here and no one
cares about your opinion.

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

You have tasted the darkside my young apprentice. It feels good to benifit
from others misfortunes and to get the better of them. It is appropriate to
deny it in public, but there is no point denying it to yourself.

Do not be too hard on yourself though, its a perfectly natural human trait
that stems back to our most primal instincts. It is merely our society that
has made it "evil".

EggBert wrote:
>It feels good to benifit from others misfortunes
> and to get the better of them. It is appropriate to
> deny it in public, but there is no point denying it to yourself.

There are small amounts of people so mentally defective that they feel
nothing when they harm others... then there are cases like yours. I'm
guessing you were torturing small animals at an early age.

> Do not be too hard on yourself though, its a perfectly natural human trait
> that stems back to our most primal instincts. It is merely our society that
> has made it "evil".

Actually it's a mental defect that exists in a very small percentage of
human beings, we often refer to them as serial killers. You should seek
help, with enough work you might be able to replace your retarded sense
of empathy with a rational understanding of why you are are defective.
Armed with a set of ethics you could compensate for your handicap -- and
learn to live as part of society -- not at the fringe with the other 1%
of genetic failures.

--
Simon
"I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Simon Juncal wrote:
> EggBert wrote:
>
>> It feels good to benifit from others misfortunes
>
> > and to get the better of them. It is appropriate to
> > deny it in public, but there is no point denying it to yourself.
>
> There are small amounts of people so mentally defective that they feel
> nothing when they harm others... then there are cases like yours. I'm
> guessing you were torturing small animals at an early age.
>

>> Do not be too hard on yourself though, its a perfectly natural human
>> trait
>> that stems back to our most primal instincts. It is merely our society
>> that
>> has made it "evil".
>

> Actually it's a mental defect that exists in a very small percentage of
> human beings, we often refer to them as serial killers. You should seek
> help, with enough work you might be able to replace your retarded sense
> of empathy with a rational understanding of why you are are defective.
> Armed with a set of ethics you could compensate for your handicap -- and
> learn to live as part of society -- not at the fringe with the other 1%
> of genetic failures.

LOL

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

On another note. I was in Haven coming up the back road from the
cemetary direction and there was a new looking necro guy. He had a
golden magical bone harvester. I said "My, what a purty looking
golden hooked sword thingie." He promptly tried to give it to me
along with a golden hatchet. Heh.

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

TRENDING THREADS