Anatomy worth having for an archer ?

Last response: in Video Games
May 11, 2004 5:09:31 AM

HI all.
I know that this has been discussed before here but....
I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?

Any opinions greatly appreciated.

/ZW

More about : anatomy worth archer

May 12, 2004 9:02:43 PM

On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:09:31 +0200, ZoombyWoof
<zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

>HI all.
>I know that this has been discussed before here but....
>I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
>removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
>healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
>
>Any opinions greatly appreciated.
>
>/ZW
Anatomy gives extra damage. I have been developing archery on my
miner so she can kill earth elementals. As her anatomy goes up she
does much more damage. Tactics has been slow but the anatomy alone
is helping with damage bonus.

Chivalry may be the wrong way to go with an Archer. (IMHO).
Your eating up 200 points with Chivalry and Focus. 50 magic will get
you where you want to go, and 80 or 90 healing will do the job.
Then you have enough points for provocation and music.

Just MHO,

Ice
May 13, 2004 3:00:17 AM

"Ice" <Ice@noplace.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:09:31 +0200, ZoombyWoof
> <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >HI all.
> >I know that this has been discussed before here but....
> >I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
> >removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
> >healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
> >
> >Any opinions greatly appreciated.
> >
> >/ZW
> Anatomy gives extra damage. I have been developing archery on my
> miner so she can kill earth elementals. As her anatomy goes up she
> does much more damage. Tactics has been slow but the anatomy alone
> is helping with damage bonus.
>
> Chivalry may be the wrong way to go with an Archer. (IMHO).
> Your eating up 200 points with Chivalry and Focus. 50 magic will get
> you where you want to go, and 80 or 90 healing will do the job.
> Then you have enough points for provocation and music.
>
> Just MHO,
>
> Ice

Personally- love Chivalry with archery: I know they say it has been nerfed,
but my pally archer is a fearsome foe with EOO and CS up. I have no room for
the bardic skills of course...but I enjoy those on my T-hunter. Got to have
anatomy...what's the point of firing if you can't do any damage? (other than
arcane RP profiles I suppose).

My wish - list:
Archery 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 110
Healing 90
Chivalry 80
Focus 100
Resist 100 (having a laugh here!)

Good job everyone likes different things, or the world would be a poorer
place :)

Archeon
May 13, 2004 3:20:26 AM

"ZoombyWoof" <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.05.10.23.09.30.994389@thishotmail.com...
> HI all.
> I know that this has been discussed before here but....
> I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
> removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
> healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
>
> Any opinions greatly appreciated.
>
> /ZW

I went with Anatomy for the 65% bonus to damage. I dropped chivalry and all
but 20 focus and went with 59 magery for traveling & healing if the bandages
aren't enough. I might shift the 20 focus to resist though since 60 isn't
that good and I don't wind up low on stamina very often. Could be due to the
20 focus keeping it topped up :)

Bow 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100
Cartog 100
Locks 100
Mage 59
Heal 81
Resist 60
Focus 20
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 5:20:19 AM

Ice wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:09:31 +0200, ZoombyWoof
> <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>HI all.
>>I know that this has been discussed before here but....
>>I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
>>removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
>>healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
>>
>>Any opinions greatly appreciated.
>>
>>/ZW
>
> Anatomy gives extra damage. I have been developing archery on my
> miner so she can kill earth elementals. As her anatomy goes up she
> does much more damage. Tactics has been slow but the anatomy alone
> is helping with damage bonus.
>
> Chivalry may be the wrong way to go with an Archer. (IMHO).
> Your eating up 200 points with Chivalry and Focus. 50 magic will get
> you where you want to go, and 80 or 90 healing will do the job.
> Then you have enough points for provocation and music.
>
> Just MHO,
>
> Ice
Well, I dont agree. Chivalry is The way to go. Enemy of one, Divine and
Concecrate is *very* useful. So I use Chivalry for healing and travel as
well. I have 0 in Focus, I rely totally on mana leech bows and
refreshment potions and he works very well. THis is how he looks at the
moment

120 Archery
100,4 Tactics (read a 110 PS)
100 Anatomy (I'm gonna lowering this I think)
100 Bowcraft (I will never lower this :-))
88,4 Music (at least 100)
80,2 Provo (at least 100)
74,9 Chivalry (Stop at 80 I think)
48 Hiding (Not sure about this one, I like it..:-))
8,1 Resistance (Going down)

/ZW
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 2:36:53 PM

Baydlor wrote:
> I went with Anatomy for the 65% bonus to damage. I dropped chivalry and all
> but 20 focus and went with 59 magery for traveling & healing if the bandages

Anat gives a 65% DI, Chiv gives 100% DI (EoO) shifts damage to your
opponents weakest element (CW), which can often nearly double your
damage again (effectively), and increases swing rate and give some more
DI (seems to be about 20%) with Divine fury... Then you can also use
Dispell evil which is just about the perfect spell for an archer, as it
keeps the monsters at bow range.

60 chiv would make more sense than 59 magery... Journey will get you
around and you aren't casting gate very often with 59 magery. In fact
drop resist and magery and you could go 80 chiv 60 focus.. Anyway worth
thinking about.

> aren't enough. I might shift the 20 focus to resist though since 60 isn't
> that good and I don't wind up low on stamina very often. Could be due to the
> 20 focus keeping it topped up :)

Probably not, 20 focus is equivelent to having +2 Stam regen and +1 mana
regen on your suit.

--
Simon
"I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein