Anatomy worth having for an archer ?

HI all.
I know that this has been discussed before here but....
I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?

Any opinions greatly appreciated.

/ZW
5 answers Last reply
More about anatomy worth archer
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:09:31 +0200, ZoombyWoof
    <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

    >HI all.
    >I know that this has been discussed before here but....
    >I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
    >removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
    >healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
    >
    >Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    >
    >/ZW
    Anatomy gives extra damage. I have been developing archery on my
    miner so she can kill earth elementals. As her anatomy goes up she
    does much more damage. Tactics has been slow but the anatomy alone
    is helping with damage bonus.

    Chivalry may be the wrong way to go with an Archer. (IMHO).
    Your eating up 200 points with Chivalry and Focus. 50 magic will get
    you where you want to go, and 80 or 90 healing will do the job.
    Then you have enough points for provocation and music.

    Just MHO,

    Ice
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Ice" <Ice@noplace.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:09:31 +0200, ZoombyWoof
    > <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >HI all.
    > >I know that this has been discussed before here but....
    > >I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
    > >removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
    > >healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
    > >
    > >Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > >/ZW
    > Anatomy gives extra damage. I have been developing archery on my
    > miner so she can kill earth elementals. As her anatomy goes up she
    > does much more damage. Tactics has been slow but the anatomy alone
    > is helping with damage bonus.
    >
    > Chivalry may be the wrong way to go with an Archer. (IMHO).
    > Your eating up 200 points with Chivalry and Focus. 50 magic will get
    > you where you want to go, and 80 or 90 healing will do the job.
    > Then you have enough points for provocation and music.
    >
    > Just MHO,
    >
    > Ice

    Personally- love Chivalry with archery: I know they say it has been nerfed,
    but my pally archer is a fearsome foe with EOO and CS up. I have no room for
    the bardic skills of course...but I enjoy those on my T-hunter. Got to have
    anatomy...what's the point of firing if you can't do any damage? (other than
    arcane RP profiles I suppose).

    My wish - list:
    Archery 120
    Tactics 100
    Anatomy 110
    Healing 90
    Chivalry 80
    Focus 100
    Resist 100 (having a laugh here!)

    Good job everyone likes different things, or the world would be a poorer
    place :)

    Archeon
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "ZoombyWoof" <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote in message
    > HI all.
    > I know that this has been discussed before here but....
    > I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
    > removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
    > healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
    >
    > Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    >
    > /ZW

    I went with Anatomy for the 65% bonus to damage. I dropped chivalry and all
    but 20 focus and went with 59 magery for traveling & healing if the bandages
    aren't enough. I might shift the 20 focus to resist though since 60 isn't
    that good and I don't wind up low on stamina very often. Could be due to the
    20 focus keeping it topped up :)

    Bow 100
    Tactics 100
    Anatomy 100
    Cartog 100
    Locks 100
    Mage 59
    Heal 81
    Resist 60
    Focus 20
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:09:31 +0200, ZoombyWoof
    > <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>HI all.
    >>I know that this has been discussed before here but....
    >>I have an archer with 100 Anatomy, and 100 tactics. I'm thinking of
    >>removing anatomy because I want to get more music/provocation. I dont use
    >>healing, I use chivalry för healing. Bad idea or ?
    >>
    >>Any opinions greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>/ZW
    >
    > Anatomy gives extra damage. I have been developing archery on my
    > miner so she can kill earth elementals. As her anatomy goes up she
    > does much more damage. Tactics has been slow but the anatomy alone
    > is helping with damage bonus.
    >
    > Chivalry may be the wrong way to go with an Archer. (IMHO).
    > Your eating up 200 points with Chivalry and Focus. 50 magic will get
    > you where you want to go, and 80 or 90 healing will do the job.
    > Then you have enough points for provocation and music.
    >
    > Just MHO,
    >
    > Ice
    Well, I dont agree. Chivalry is The way to go. Enemy of one, Divine and
    Concecrate is *very* useful. So I use Chivalry for healing and travel as
    well. I have 0 in Focus, I rely totally on mana leech bows and
    refreshment potions and he works very well. THis is how he looks at the
    moment

    120 Archery
    100,4 Tactics (read a 110 PS)
    100 Anatomy (I'm gonna lowering this I think)
    100 Bowcraft (I will never lower this :-))
    88,4 Music (at least 100)
    80,2 Provo (at least 100)
    74,9 Chivalry (Stop at 80 I think)
    48 Hiding (Not sure about this one, I like it..:-))
    8,1 Resistance (Going down)

    /ZW
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Baydlor wrote:
    > I went with Anatomy for the 65% bonus to damage. I dropped chivalry and all
    > but 20 focus and went with 59 magery for traveling & healing if the bandages

    Anat gives a 65% DI, Chiv gives 100% DI (EoO) shifts damage to your
    opponents weakest element (CW), which can often nearly double your
    damage again (effectively), and increases swing rate and give some more
    DI (seems to be about 20%) with Divine fury... Then you can also use
    Dispell evil which is just about the perfect spell for an archer, as it
    keeps the monsters at bow range.

    60 chiv would make more sense than 59 magery... Journey will get you
    around and you aren't casting gate very often with 59 magery. In fact
    drop resist and magery and you could go 80 chiv 60 focus.. Anyway worth
    thinking about.

    > aren't enough. I might shift the 20 focus to resist though since 60 isn't
    > that good and I don't wind up low on stamina very often. Could be due to the
    > 20 focus keeping it topped up :)

    Probably not, 20 focus is equivelent to having +2 Stam regen and +1 mana
    regen on your suit.

    --
    Simon
    "I may be wrong, but I'm not uncertain." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Computers Games Video Games