where can i get an isolation transformer for a uk power su..

Last response: in Home Audio
September 28, 2005 4:41:18 PM

I'm experiencing an annoying ground loop problem and need to get one of
those isolation transformer thingies. Where can I get one in the uk?

Thanks
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 2:53:46 AM

On 28 Sep 2005 12:41:18 -0700, in rec.audio.pro dmoc23@eircom.net
wrote:

>I'm experiencing an annoying ground loop problem and need to get one of
>those isolation transformer thingies. Where can I get one in the uk?
>
>Thanks
www.canford.co.uk

martin
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 4:40:37 AM

In article <1127936478.728324.308600@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<dmoc23@eircom.net> wrote:
>I'm experiencing an annoying ground loop problem and need to get one of
>those isolation transformer thingies. Where can I get one in the uk?

You want an audio transformer, or you want to lift your chassis ground?

Maplin should have power transformers, but I don't think I'd trust them
for audio transformers. Sowter has a good line of 660:600 transformers
in the UK, though.
--scott
September 29, 2005 2:14:00 PM

In article <cm0mj1hm39fh6keo1lca7grd5db4e9fqed@4ax.com>,
martingriffith@XXyahoo.co.uk (martin griffith) wrote:

> On 28 Sep 2005 12:41:18 -0700, in rec.audio.pro dmoc23@eircom.net
> wrote:
>
> >I'm experiencing an annoying ground loop problem and need to get one of
> >those isolation transformer thingies. Where can I get one in the uk?
> >
> >Thanks
> www.canford.co.uk

Or http://www.studiospares.com/
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 6:38:42 PM

<dmoc23@eircom.net> wrote in message
> I'm experiencing an annoying ground loop problem and need to get one of
> those isolation transformer thingies. Where can I get one in the uk?
>
> Thanks

Need to know....
What power handling in VA? This method is OTT, unless you really need to
step down mains from 230V to 115V.
Or do you just need an audio xformer - or a pair of - somewhere?
!