Sakar USB Hot Sync & Charger Problems

July 31, 2004 11:51:34 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

While in the US last week on business I bought a Sakar USB Universal
Retractable Hot Sync & Charger from CompUSA. Stupidly, I didn't try it out
until I got back home to the UK, and I've just found out that it neither
works with my business laptop nor my home desktop. Charging's fine, but
every time I try to HotSync, I get the message "USB device not recognized".
Unfortunately, Sakar's helpine is constantly busy and their email support
address bounced back as address unknown.

I own a Tungsten T2, and use Windows XP Pro on my IBM ThinkPad T23 and
Windows XP Home on my Dell Dimension 4300.

Sounds like a driver issue - anyone know where I'm going wrong? Has anyone
been able to use this product successfully?

August 1, 2004 6:00:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:51:34 +0100, Paul had this to say...

> While in the US last week on business I bought a Sakar USB Universal
> Retractable Hot Sync & Charger from CompUSA. Stupidly, I didn't try it out
> until I got back home to the UK, and I've just found out that it neither
> works with my business laptop nor my home desktop. Charging's fine, but
> every time I try to HotSync, I get the message "USB device not recognized".
> Unfortunately, Sakar's helpine is constantly busy and their email support
> address bounced back as address unknown.
>
> I own a Tungsten T2, and use Windows XP Pro on my IBM ThinkPad T23 and
> Windows XP Home on my Dell Dimension 4300.
>
> Sounds like a driver issue - anyone know where I'm going wrong? Has anyone
> been able to use this product successfully?

Sakar USB cable driver download page;
<http://tinyurl.com/4ufbk&gt;

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,uk.comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

> Sakar USB cable driver download page;
> <http://tinyurl.com/4ufbk&gt;
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

Sadly it didn't (and it was my first port of call before posting here).
There's no driver for there for the specific product I purchased - a
Sakar/iConcepts retractable USB hotcync/charging cable.

Given the lack of other replies I guess I'll have to write off my $30 to
experience and not risk buying small unknown brands whilst overseas!
(thought it was too good to be true)
!