7th Anniversary Edition UK release - October? :-(

Just got off the phone with my local friendly independent software retailer
who tells me that the 7th Anni. Ed. UK release date was June, but has now
been put back to October. Hopefully this is a UK-only issue, but if so -
why?

Shaun.

Shaun Lucas wrote:

> Just got off the phone with my local friendly independent software retailer
> who tells me that the 7th Anni. Ed. UK release date was June, but has now
> been put back to October. Hopefully this is a UK-only issue, but if so -
> why?
>
> Shaun.

Phone India anmd ask...

"Billy Watt" <newsspam@billywatt.plus.com> wrote in message

> Shaun Lucas wrote:
> | Just got off the phone with my local friendly independent software
> retailer
> | who tells me that the 7th Anni. Ed. UK release date was June, but has
now
> | been put back to October. Hopefully this is a UK-only issue, but if so -
> | why?
> |
> | Shaun.
> |

> You sure they not talking about UX: Odessey ?

Definitely. I was careful about the title, and all the sources I've seen
give the UXO release date as August. I really hope this is wrong, but I've
taken no chances - a copy of Age of Shadows came up on eBay US, so I've
bought it.

Shaun.

"Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> > You sure they not talking about UX: Odessey ?
>
> Definitely. I was careful about the title, and all the sources I've seen
> give the UXO release date as August. I really hope this is wrong, but I've
> taken no chances - a copy of Age of Shadows came up on eBay US, so I've
> bought it.

Guess I should have read Stratics... :-(

http://uo.stratics.com/news/GeneralNews.shtml#newsitem1085513014,7780,

Oh well. October, then perhaps?

Shaun.

Shaun Lucas wrote:
> "Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
>>>You sure they not talking about UX: Odessey ?
>>
>>Definitely. I was careful about the title, and all the sources I've seen
>>give the UXO release date as August. I really hope this is wrong, but I've
>>taken no chances - a copy of Age of Shadows came up on eBay US, so I've
>>bought it.
>

> Guess I should have read Stratics... :-(
>
> http://uo.stratics.com/news/GeneralNews.shtml#newsitem1085513014,7780,
>
> Oh well. October, then perhaps?
>
> Shaun.

Has anyone figured out if you'll get 1 or 2 gifts? I thought someone
said everyone gets one and you'd get another with the code on the CD.

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
> Shaun Lucas wrote:
> > "Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> >>Definitely. I was careful about the title, and all the sources I've seen
> >>give the UXO release date as August. I really hope this is wrong, but
I've
> >>taken no chances - a copy of Age of Shadows came up on eBay US, so I've
> >>bought it.
> >

> > Guess I should have read Stratics... :-(
> >
> > http://uo.stratics.com/news/GeneralNews.shtml#newsitem1085513014,7780,
> >
> > Oh well. October, then perhaps?
> >
> > Shaun.
> >

> Has anyone figured out if you'll get 1 or 2 gifts? I thought someone
> said everyone gets one and you'd get another with the code on the CD.

Currently the deal is that EVERYONE with an account over 30 days from the
date that they choose to release the gifts will get a code that will give
you 1 of the 7 gifts. The code on the 7th Anaversery edittion that will give
you a gift is in addition to the one code that everybody will get. So if you
buy th new edition you will be able to get 2 gifts per account. No word on
when the codes for everyone wil come out though. :(

Alminair wrote:

> "WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
>
>>Shaun Lucas wrote:
>>
>>>"Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> I've

>>>Guess I should have read Stratics... :-(
>>>
>>>http://uo.stratics.com/news/GeneralNews.shtml#newsitem1085513014,7780,
>>>
>>>Oh well. October, then perhaps?
>>>
>>>Shaun.
>>>

>>Has anyone figured out if you'll get 1 or 2 gifts? I thought someone
>>said everyone gets one and you'd get another with the code on the CD.
>

> Currently the deal is that EVERYONE with an account over 30 days from the
> date that they choose to release the gifts will get a code that will give
> you 1 of the 7 gifts. The code on the 7th Anaversery edittion that will give
> you a gift is in addition to the one code that everybody will get. So if you
> buy th new edition you will be able to get 2 gifts per account. No word on
> when the codes for everyone wil come out though. :(

Cool, I wonder how I'd get 3 :p

"Alminair" <alminair@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Has anyone figured out if you'll get 1 or 2 gifts? I thought someone
> > said everyone gets one and you'd get another with the code on the CD.
>

> Currently the deal is that EVERYONE with an account over 30 days from the
> date that they choose to release the gifts will get a code that will give
> you 1 of the 7 gifts. The code on the 7th Anaversery edittion that will
give
> you a gift is in addition to the one code that everybody will get. So if
you
> buy th new edition you will be able to get 2 gifts per account. No word on
> when the codes for everyone wil come out though. :(

So does that mean that if I use the new account code with 7AE, the upgrade
code on my present account, and receive a code from OSI via email I can
claim three gifts? Hmm...

> "Alminair" <alminair@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone figured out if you'll get 1 or 2 gifts? I thought someone
> > > said everyone gets one and you'd get another with the code on the CD.
> >

> > Currently the deal is that EVERYONE with an account over 30 days from
the
> > date that they choose to release the gifts will get a code that will
give
> > you 1 of the 7 gifts. The code on the 7th Anaversery edittion that will
> give
> > you a gift is in addition to the one code that everybody will get. So if
> you
> > buy th new edition you will be able to get 2 gifts per account. No word
on
> > when the codes for everyone wil come out though. :(
>
> So does that mean that if I use the new account code with 7AE, the upgrade
> code on my present account, and receive a code from OSI via email I can
> claim three gifts? Hmm...
>
> Shaun.

It depends on when the time cut-off that EA will use is. They may have
already set it at the ship for 7AE. It might also be 30 days after that
ship. If they havn't already set that date, and they do not set it for
another 30+ days, AND you use all your 'Buddy Codes' you could get your 2
normal + 7 more from buddy codes. Per account assuming you got a 7AE for
each account. Sooooo, a possible 9 rewards per.
But I bet ya that EA though of that and set the time limit within 30 days
after ship so you can't use those buddy codes.

Alminair

"Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "Alminair" <alminair@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > Has anyone figured out if you'll get 1 or 2 gifts? I thought someone
> > > said everyone gets one and you'd get another with the code on the CD.
> >

> > Currently the deal is that EVERYONE with an account over 30 days from
the
> > date that they choose to release the gifts will get a code that will
give
> > you 1 of the 7 gifts. The code on the 7th Anaversery edittion that will
> give
> > you a gift is in addition to the one code that everybody will get. So if
> you
> > buy th new edition you will be able to get 2 gifts per account. No word
on
> > when the codes for everyone wil come out though. :(
>
> So does that mean that if I use the new account code with 7AE, the upgrade
> code on my present account, and receive a code from OSI via email I can
> claim three gifts? Hmm...
>
> Shaun.

AFAIK, only on or the other will work, as far as the codes on the jewel
case. Havn't tried that thou so hell it might. If thats the case, then up
the number of gifts in my other post to 10 per account

> "Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> > So does that mean that if I use the new account code with 7AE, the
upgrade
> > code on my present account, and receive a code from OSI via email I can
> > claim three gifts? Hmm...
> >
> > Shaun.
>
> AFAIK, only on or the other will work, as far as the codes on the jewel
> case. Havn't tried that thou so hell it might. If thats the case, then up
> the number of gifts in my other post to 10 per account

Unfortunately not, it seems. Having now got my copy, it appears that you use
the new account code to create an account, and the upgrade code is both an
upgrade for an existing account and the promotional code, so you can only
use it once for either. Pity... I had the Hearth of the Home Fire, BTW...

Shaun.