Sign in with
Your question

Concerning SSD OCZ

Last response: in Windows 8
May 17, 2012 8:06:24 PM

I have a OCZ vertex III max iops on my pc, and I installed windows 8 consumer preview. I am looking to get used to everything on this OS, like everyone has been doing.

Now concerning my SSD, how and where do I go to set up the customizations for the SSD. Like page file etc this etc that, remove hibernate, etc etc.

I know there were options and stuff like this for windows 7... but is there a SSD optimize configuration guide for windows 8?

Any help would be appreciated... Also I have a AMD/ATI xfx 6770 that is not showing up in device manager... what can I do to fix this problem >:? I know I have to install software but this thing is not showing up at all!

More about : ssd ocz

a b * Windows 8
May 17, 2012 8:19:04 PM

kikiking said:
I have a OCZ vertex III max iops on my pc, and I installed windows 8 consumer preview. I am looking to get used to everything on this OS, like everyone has been doing.

Now concerning my SSD, how and where do I go to set up the customizations for the SSD. Like page file etc this etc that, remove hibernate, etc etc.

I know there were options and stuff like this for windows 7... but is there a SSD optimize configuration guide for windows 8?

Any help would be appreciated... Also I have a AMD/ATI xfx 6770 that is not showing up in device manager... what can I do to fix this problem >:? I know I have to install software but this thing is not showing up at all!

just put my z77 rig and ssd together with windows8 myself. for the swap fikle it just the same as windows 7 as it it in windows 8. you go under control panel system and look under the system line click on veiw the amount of the ram. then on the left side click on advance settings and go under performance..you be able to move the swap file from the c drive (ssd) to the d drive. you have to set the size to 0 on c first then reboot. to not make the hibernate file just go into the meto main screen under run and run the same comannd for windows 7.it work in windows 8.
May 18, 2012 6:09:25 PM

where would I put the swap file aka page file if I have no place to put it no HDD atm.. long story.

so all this will increase performance? the page file can be disabled correct? think that is the easier option.. i'll do it soon.. because atm I am getting ready to do something ;/.
May 18, 2012 6:30:36 PM

You probably shouldn't disable the page file unless you have at least 8GB of system RAM. Also, for disabling the page file, there should be an option to disable it, rather than setting it to zero. The paging file (at least, on every computer that I've ever used and that's quite a lot) always says that it has a minimum size, so I can't set it to zero, but I can disable it.
!