XP+Aureal vortex 8830(VDM) = reset comp ???

G

Hi guys

I have recently installed win xp and the os seemed to work fine untill i decided to play an mp3 song on windows media player, and the computer decided to reset itself.

So i tried this agian and agian and with same results. I am running Diamond Monster MX300 and Diamond Viper V775 (the viper has a nvidia tnt2 driver which works fine) on an athlon 550. In device manager it seems to be all fine (ie no ! or X).
The card is listed as "Aureal Vortex 8830 Audio(WDM)" and "Aureal Vortex game port"

Now is there any way of stopping this. I was thinking it might be a conflicting irq but xp dosnt let me change that or play around with it because it dosnt conflict with anything.

I played with this all day and when ever i play any mp3 it come with the blue screen IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
***STOP:0x000000000A(0X000000056,0X00000000FF,0X8050F733)

Thus can anybody tell me how i change the irq manualy because xp wont allow me.

cheers

It is better to die on your feet, up then live on your knees<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by big_duke on 06/01/02 08:18 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
does your bios allow you to change the irq for each individual slot manually?
if so, set the irq for the sound card to a different one....just make sure it is alone.
also, make sure that if there is any onboard sound, disable it.
i would also suggest disabling any ports (ie printer, com1, 2) that you dont use, because that frees up IRQ's for you to use for other devices...
i have this sound card in my system, the mx300, and it works fine, although it is crippled by XP...due to lack of real drivers.
which is why i am considering a new one.
like the hercules fortissimo 2 (but i heard something about a fortissimo 3, but that is for another thread :wink: )
try the mannual IRQ, and if that doesnt work, report back.

-DAvid

-Live, Learn, then build your own computer!-