Anyone know ...

if when you buy the 7th anniv edition in a few weeks, if the "One of seven
rare and powerful in-game items" is random, or do you get to choose which
you receive?

Anyone want to bet on whether U9 is only patched to 1.18 instead of the
better 1.19?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:02:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
wrote:

>if when you buy the 7th anniv edition in a few weeks, if the "One of seven
>rare and powerful in-game items" is random, or do you get to choose which
>you receive?

Random. You can get 7 gifts all the same, which means you would have
to trade with other players to round out your set.

>Anyone want to bet on whether U9 is only patched to 1.18 instead of the
>better 1.19?

Bad bet. They've announced on Stratics that UXI will be patched to
the latest rev - which could even be better than the final released
version.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:40:00 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:02:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
>wrote:
>
>>if when you buy the 7th anniv edition in a few weeks, if the "One of seven
>>rare and powerful in-game items" is random, or do you get to choose which
>>you receive?
>
>Random. You can get 7 gifts all the same, which means you would have
>to trade with other players to round out your set.

Man, that is incredibly lame. I think AoS was the last version I'll buy.

>>Anyone want to bet on whether U9 is only patched to 1.18 instead of the
>>better 1.19?
>
>Bad bet. They've announced on Stratics that UXI will be patched to
>the latest rev - which could even be better than the final released
>version.

Yes, but will their idea of "latest" include the 1.19 fan patch
(supposedly made by some of the actual U9 programmers) or just the
existing 1.18 official patch. Heck, I'd be impressed if they just
included 1.19 in a folder on the CD. I'd be more impressed if they
included the monster/book/economy patches as well. But this is EA so I
wouldn't expect any of that.

--

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:58:23 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
wrote:

>>Random. You can get 7 gifts all the same, which means you would have
>>to trade with other players to round out your set.
>
>Man, that is incredibly lame. I think AoS was the last version I'll buy.

All part of their "enforced interaction" philosophy. If you could get
all 7 rewards by yourself you'd have less reason to interact with
other players, wouldn't you?
--

OrionCA wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:02:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
> wrote:
>

>>if when you buy the 7th anniv edition in a few weeks, if the "One of seven
>>rare and powerful in-game items" is random, or do you get to choose which
>>you receive?
>

> Random. You can get 7 gifts all the same, which means you would have
> to trade with other players to round out your set.
>

>>Anyone want to bet on whether U9 is only patched to 1.18 instead of the
>>better 1.19?
>

> Bad bet. They've announced on Stratics that UXI will be patched to
> the latest rev - which could even be better than the final released
> version.
> --
> I'm on a journey in search of myself.
> If I get back first, let me know that I'm
> looking for myself and don't let me leave.

Umm, I really thought I read it as "One of seven powerful....."

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

Polychromic wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:40:00 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:02:09 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>if when you buy the 7th anniv edition in a few weeks, if the "One of seven
>>>rare and powerful in-game items" is random, or do you get to choose which
>>>you receive?
>>
>>Random. You can get 7 gifts all the same, which means you would have
>>to trade with other players to round out your set.
>

> Man, that is incredibly lame. I think AoS was the last version I'll buy.

I never got AoS for myself. I may buy this one for U9.

It's kind of academic. I raised several characters to 110 skill level
but I don't think I even bothered to buy a 120 power scroll in anything.
I still fool around a bit, but the competitive drive that used to make
me play 16 hour days on weekends is gone.

It's a real experience playing with my S.O. She has been playing for
about 2 years now and gives me arguments about every frick'n thing in
the game.

We are in the same room playing on networked computers:

Me "Make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
Her "I can't"
Me "Make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
Her "I can't. I'm on a boat"
Me "Stop the boat and make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
Her "Where are you?"
Me "I am at the Moonglow Cotten fields waiting for you to gate me on
your boat"
Her "Wait a second, I will recall there"
Me "No! I don't want you here, I want to get on the boat with you"
Me "Make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
Her "I can't. I told you I am on a boat!"
Me "Yes you can"
Her "No I CAN'T! I am on a boat!"
ad nauseum

So after 20 minutes of argument she finally tries it and says "Oh, you
can gate on a boat. I never knew that."

But everything is like that. In dozens of THs she has died at least once
all but once. I dig them up and she dies with her tamer, go figure. She
can't be told to stand behind her dragon or to go invisible because she
knows better.

Rick Cortese wrote:

> It's a real experience playing with my S.O. She has been playing for
> about 2 years now and gives me arguments about every frick'n thing in
> the game.
>
> We are in the same room playing on networked computers:

I am so sorry, but with all the other posts you have made about
incidents with your "SO" and playin UO, I would have to quit or I
would have smashed her in the head with a chair!

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:44:33 +0200, ZoombyWoof
<zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

>> So after 20 minutes of argument she finally tries it and says "Oh, you
>> can gate on a boat. I never knew that."
>This sounds familiar, it's a female thing probably...:)
>My girlfriend goes to Destard every day now, getting a lot of gold but
>she also dies A LOT.

Famous last words in Destard: "Funny, I could have sworn I packed a
Greater CuARRRRRRGGGgggghhh...
--

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:16:52 GMT, Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I never got AoS for myself. I may buy this one for U9.
>
>It's kind of academic. I raised several characters to 110 skill level
>but I don't think I even bothered to buy a 120 power scroll in anything.
>I still fool around a bit, but the competitive drive that used to make
>me play 16 hour days on weekends is gone.

Well, I always enjoy exploring but it doesn't take long to do that when
each new landmass has been released. After that I like to develop my
characters but with so much of a characters abilities now dependant on
items instead of skills, much of my fun and incentive to play UO has been
removed. :(

>It's a real experience playing with my S.O. She has been playing for
>about 2 years now and gives me arguments about every frick'n thing in
>the game.
>
>We are in the same room playing on networked computers:
>
>Me "Make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
<cotton>
>Her "I can't"
>Me "Make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
>Her "I can't. I'm on a boat"
>Me "Stop the boat and make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
>Her "Where are you?"
>Me "I am at the Moonglow Cotten fields waiting for you to gate me on
>your boat"
>Her "Wait a second, I will recall there"
>Me "No! I don't want you here, I want to get on the boat with you"
>Me "Make a gate to your Moonglow Cotten Field rune"
>Her "I can't. I told you I am on a boat!"
>Me "Yes you can"
>Her "No I CAN'T! I am on a boat!"
>ad nauseum
>
>So after 20 minutes of argument she finally tries it and says "Oh, you
>can gate on a boat. I never knew that."

Well at least she's discovering new stuff even if it's annoying to you.

>But everything is like that. In dozens of THs she has died at least once
>all but once. I dig them up and she dies with her tamer, go figure. She
>can't be told to stand behind her dragon or to go invisible because she
>knows better.

Sounds like someone I know...

--

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:12:36 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
wrote:

>>But everything is like that. In dozens of THs she has died at least once
>>all but once. I dig them up and she dies with her tamer, go figure. She
>>can't be told to stand behind her dragon or to go invisible because she
>>knows better.
>
>Sounds like someone I know...

Last week I was peac'ing a Snow Elemental my drake was working when it
retargeted me and *WHAM* I'm dead, shortly followed by my drake and
mount. I thought it was very unfair: I was very carefully keeping
Roar between me and the snow guy. .
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm
looking for myself and don't let me leave.

OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 15:58:23 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
>wrote:
>
>>>Random. You can get 7 gifts all the same, which means you would have
>>>to trade with other players to round out your set.
>>
>>Man, that is incredibly lame. I think AoS was the last version I'll buy.
>
>All part of their "enforced interaction" philosophy. If you could get
>all 7 rewards by yourself you'd have less reason to interact with
>other players, wouldn't you?

Poor EA, can't win. If you can get all rewards by yourself they are
'handing things out on a silver platter'. If you can't you are
'forced to interact'.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com> wrote:
>Well, I always enjoy exploring but it doesn't take long to do that when
>each new landmass has been released. After that I like to develop my
>characters but with so much of a characters abilities now dependant on
>items instead of skills,

Unless you play PvP, there is really no change in item dependencies.
There was armor before AoS, and you worked to get the best.
There were weapons before AoS, and you worked to get the best.

D.
--

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:16:30 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:12:36 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
>wrote:
>

>>>But everything is like that. In dozens of THs she has died at least once
>>>all but once. I dig them up and she dies with her tamer, go figure. She
>>>can't be told to stand behind her dragon or to go invisible because she
>>>knows better.
>>
>>Sounds like someone I know...
>
>Last week I was peac'ing a Snow Elemental my drake was working when it
>retargeted me and *WHAM* I'm dead, shortly followed by my drake and
>mount. I thought it was very unfair: I was very carefully keeping
>Roar between me and the snow guy. .

The game engine considers peacemaking to be a hostile act, I guess.
(It's been over a year since my bard Zan abandoned his harp to follow the
violent ways of the non-religious paladin.)

--

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:18:41 GMT, Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Me, I can't get her to put on free spined leather armor.

Too much information! ;PPP

--

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:18:15 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:44:33 +0200, ZoombyWoof
><zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> So after 20 minutes of argument she finally tries it and says "Oh, you
>>> can gate on a boat. I never knew that."
>>This sounds familiar, it's a female thing probably...:)
>>My girlfriend goes to Destard every day now, getting a lot of gold but
>>she also dies A LOT.
>
>Famous last words in Destard: "Funny, I could have sworn I packed a
>Greater CuARRRRRRGGGgggghhh...

I still wish you could have Poison Resistance as a skill.

--

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:18:23 GMT, derekl1963@nospamyahoo.com (Derek Lyons)
wrote:

>OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>>Man, that is incredibly lame. I think AoS was the last version I'll buy.
>>
>>All part of their "enforced interaction" philosophy. If you could get
>>all 7 rewards by yourself you'd have less reason to interact with
>>other players, wouldn't you?
>
>Poor EA, can't win. If you can get all rewards by yourself they are
>'handing things out on a silver platter'. If you can't you are
>'forced to interact'.

I don't want "all rewards", I just want to choose which reward I get.

--

Polychromic wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:18:15 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>>This sounds familiar, it's a female thing probably...:)
>>>My girlfriend goes to Destard every day now, getting a lot of gold but
>>>she also dies A LOT.
>>
>>Famous last words in Destard: "Funny, I could have sworn I packed a
>>Greater CuARRRRRRGGGgggghhh...
>

> I still wish you could have Poison Resistance as a skill.

No problem in Destard, Orange Petals will protect you.

ZoombyWoof wrote:

> Polychromic wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 20:18:15 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Famous last words in Destard: "Funny, I could have sworn I packed a
>>> Greater CuARRRRRRGGGgggghhh...
>>

>> I still wish you could have Poison Resistance as a skill.
>>
> No problem in Destard, Orange Petals will protect you.

What do Zuzu's petals do?

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

*snip*

>>> I still wish you could have Poison Resistance as a skill.
>>>
>> No problem in Destard, Orange Petals will protect you.
>

> What do Zuzu's petals do?

Orange petals protects againts poisoning. They are terrific vs dragons,
but doesnt work against rotten corpses poisoning. They are a resource
harvested from 3 different plants.

On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:20:05 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>What do Zuzu's petals do?

No one attacks you in Felucca but then after about 2 hours the shard
reverts.

--

ZoombyWoof wrote:

> *snip*

>>> No problem in Destard, Orange Petals will protect you.
>>

>> What do Zuzu's petals do?
>>
> Orange petals protects againts poisoning. They are terrific vs dragons,
> but doesnt work against rotten corpses poisoning. They are a resource
> harvested from 3 different plants.

Which of course tells me nothing about Zuzu's petals....

--

Polychromic wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:20:05 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>What do Zuzu's petals do?
>

> No one attacks you in Felucca but then after about 2 hours the shard
> reverts.

Oh well I need to grow a Zuzu's rose then!!