3D graphics screwed up by 4.0.3a?

Anyone had this problem with the 3D client? I'm running an LBR account and
since the latest patch installation the art is behaving very strangely in
the game window and the paperdoll. There have been I understand some art
updates in the patch, but my client wont display clothing properly -
characters look like they are wearing rags, the fronts of helmets are
missing, hairstyles have changed, its very odd. Ive reinstalled the client
and repatched with no luck. Since I am not running AoS, the only explanation
I can think of is that the patch has somehow activated some textures that I
do not possess since I only have an LBR CD. A wild guess... Anyone any ideas
please?

Shaun.

Shaun Lucas wrote:

> Anyone had this problem with the 3D client? I'm running an LBR account and
> since the latest patch installation the art is behaving very strangely in
> the game window and the paperdoll. There have been I understand some art
> updates in the patch, but my client wont display clothing properly -
> characters look like they are wearing rags, the fronts of helmets are
> missing, hairstyles have changed, its very odd. Ive reinstalled the client
> and repatched with no luck. Since I am not running AoS, the only explanation
> I can think of is that the patch has somehow activated some textures that I
> do not possess since I only have an LBR CD. A wild guess... Anyone any ideas
> please?
>
> Shaun.

Everything on mine looks normal. It did reset everything on my UOA
including erasing my DAMN macros. Damnit.

--
Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
http://www.shamikaserver.com

"Shaun Lucas" <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Anyone had this problem with the 3D client? I'm running an LBR account and
> since the latest patch installation the art is behaving very strangely in
> the game window and the paperdoll. There have been I understand some art
> updates in the patch, but my client wont display clothing properly -
> characters look like they are wearing rags, the fronts of helmets are
> missing, hairstyles have changed, its very odd. Ive reinstalled the client
> and repatched with no luck. Since I am not running AoS, the only
explanation
> I can think of is that the patch has somehow activated some textures that
> do not possess since I only have an LBR CD. A wild guess... Anyone any
ideas
> please?

Something I forgot to add - the patch apparently forces the EA intro to be
played every time is booted up whether we like it or not. Well, guess what -
that doesn't happen with me. LBR title screen, then the login....

.....?

Shaun.

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
> Shaun Lucas wrote:
>

> Everything on mine looks normal. It did reset everything on my UOA
> including erasing my DAMN macros. Damnit.

Ouch... :-(

Just logged on - patch 4.03.a2 has just downloaded, and everything is back
to normal. The EA logo is now appearing after the LBR loading screen, but a
mouse click gets rid of it. Excellent.

Shaun.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:36:23 +0100, "Shaun Lucas"
<huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in message
>> Shaun Lucas wrote:
>>

>> Everything on mine looks normal. It did reset everything on my UOA
>> including erasing my DAMN macros. Damnit.
>>

>Ouch... :-(
>
>Just logged on - patch 4.03.a2 has just downloaded, and everything is back
>to normal. The EA logo is now appearing after the LBR loading screen, but a
>mouse click gets rid of it. Excellent.

I'm not seeing the EA logo screen at all. Dunno what I did different,
except I have AoS.

Oh, the "change" they made for the 6th character was to expand the
character pick list gump to allow room for one more character to
display. Why that had to be done now I have no idea - the login
screen was ugly before, it's ugly and off-centered now.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm

OrionCA wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:36:23 +0100, "Shaun Lucas"
> <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Oh, the "change" they made for the 6th character was to expand the
> character pick list gump to allow room for one more character to
> display. Why that had to be done now I have no idea - the login
> screen was ugly before, it's ugly and off-centered now.

IMO: A 6th character slot has been needed ever since they started adding
3rd and 4th skills required to function at an acceptable level and power
scrolls. It's probably to late for most of the customer base now.

It's also a good idea now that they have character transfer available. I
wouldn't pay $19.95 to delete an established character on a shard I play
to move a semi developed one from another shard to take their place. A
sixth slot means all I don't have to sacrifice one.

I honestly don't like the skill structure of the game now. Usually OSI
looks at what EQ is doing to be sucessful and just copies it. With
trades they completely blew half of the equation. I and others have been
complaining that trades skills shouldn't infringe on combat related
skills. Now I notice I seem to be the last one left here that holds that
view. No suprise, everyone else quit.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:28:13 GMT, Rick Cortese
<ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:

>OrionCA wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:36:23 +0100, "Shaun Lucas"
>> <huffy.bear@ntlworld.com> wrote:
><snip>
>> Oh, the "change" they made for the 6th character was to expand the
>> character pick list gump to allow room for one more character to
>> display. Why that had to be done now I have no idea - the login
>> screen was ugly before, it's ugly and off-centered now.
>
>IMO: A 6th character slot has been needed ever since they started adding
>3rd and 4th skills required to function at an acceptable level and power
>scrolls. It's probably to late for most of the customer base now.

My 6th Character will be named "Grimgotts Vault No 615", if that's any
clue.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm
looking for myself and don't let me leave.

archeon

> Something I forgot to add - the patch apparently forces the EA intro to be
> played every time is booted up whether we like it or not. Well, guess
what -
> that doesn't happen with me. LBR title screen, then the login....
>
> ....?
>
> Shaun.

Ditto with this...thank god

Archeon