Microsoft sidewinder wheel game port version on XP

Killerfrog

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2003
Hello,
Does anybody know how I may use force Feedback of my Microsoft sidewinder wheel (game port version; NOT USB!!!) under win XP pro?

Don't tell me to
1)installing official drivers cause there is none (none for game port version)
2)do up-to-date...
3)install version 4.0 of the software cause it is only for the USB version which is not mine

If someone knows how to make the FORCE FEEDBACK working on this wheel, it would be very nice to tell.

Thx for all future help.

G

In control panel there is a game controller icon. Open this and set the controller type there. XP has built in drivers for it.

allanon1965

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2003
yea they are there, but they dont work! i know, i tried for days, then gave up....went back to win98se and everything is fine again, microsoft is aware af this flaw and doesnt intend on issuing a patch for it, their advise to me was to buy a new forcefeedback that was supported under winxp better than their own!?!?!?! screw xp.....

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life Son.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Congrats on the 98SE install.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

munch

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
I am in the same boat... kinda.

I bought 2 saitek R100 game port wheels recently (cheap..$17.00 shipped) but they won't work in XP. Even saitek's site says they won't (didn't know this when I ordered).

I know there is a way to make it work, someone surely has figured it out. SOMEONE? ANYONE?....care to help?

Anyway good luck finding a cure.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Uh, I hate to tell you this, but you have an MS wheel with an MS OS. And at the launch of XP, Bill Gates said his new OS would improve the economy by forcing people to upgrade hardware!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>