Sennheiser MKH-804 power and adaptor

Last response: in Home Audio
a b ) Power supply
September 29, 2005 5:49:24 PM

I am looking for a power supply and tuchel to xlr adapter for a
Sennheiser MKH-804.

Does anyone know where I might purchase one?

Thanks,

mc
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 29, 2005 6:48:29 PM

You can make the Tuchel to xlr yourself if you know the correct
pinouts--Sennheiser can tell you this. "T" or Phantom power supplies
are made by a number of companies, including PSC, Denecke, Neumann,
etc.. Try Trew Audio or Coffey Sound
for these, they might even have used ones.

Philip Perkins
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
September 29, 2005 9:51:50 PM

In article <1128026964.612673.174310@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<mcibelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>I am looking for a power supply and tuchel to xlr adapter for a
>Sennheiser MKH-804.
>
>Does anyone know where I might purchase one?

Sennheiser will sell you a tuchel connector or a cable with one on the
end.

The power supply can be a project box with a 9V battery in it. You
just supply +9V on one pin and get signal off the other pin. Nothing
fancy... you could build one into an Altoids box in an hour.

I probably could sell you an inline power supply that takes button batteries,
but frankly the first time you have to change the batteries you'll wish you
made your own with a 9V.
--scott