Anyone WITHOUT a screenshot of him sitting on Lord British..

.....it ain't gonna happen now. They put up an invisible wall in the
throne room. Why, I'm not sure, except it probably bothered one of
the designers that just anyone could sit on Lord British's chair.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm

    In this foul year of our lord Fri, 11 Jun 2004 06:30:07 -0700, OrionCA
    <orionca@earthlink.net> proclaimed:

    >....it ain't gonna happen now. They put up an invisible wall in the
    >throne room. Why, I'm not sure, except it probably bothered one of
    >the designers that just anyone could sit on Lord British's chair.

    An invisible wall... how imaginative.

    Why not have 2 npc guards come running, shouting "Get out of that
    throne, bumpkin!". 5 Secods to get out, or get guard-whacked :)

    Jared of Europa
    -*-
    "I have often deprived myself of the necessities of life,
    but I have never consented to give up a luxury."
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >>....it ain't gonna happen now. They put up an invisible wall in the
    >>throne room. Why, I'm not sure, except it probably bothered one of
    >>the designers that just anyone could sit on Lord British's chair.

    There was someone sitting on the throne last night on Atlantic when i stopped
    in to visit the king's vacant hall.(sorry i didn't take note of the name, but i
    was a bit put off that so many were in the typically empty hall of the king...)

    A small crowd was gathered after what most described as a terrible EM
    event(which i missed by 3 hours, d'oh!), and an odd fellow suddenly appeared on
    the other side of the partition...guess they should spend a little money and
    get some velvet ropes, and a troll bouncer...

    ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

    *If anything, they probably just wanted to keep the throne area clear in case
    they decided to use it for an event, rather than having 2 or 3 dozen people
    standing around, spamming and chatting over the host...*
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Cyrus of Sosaria wrote:
    >>>....it ain't gonna happen now. They put up an invisible wall in the
    >>>throne room. Why, I'm not sure, except it probably bothered one of
    >>>the designers that just anyone could sit on Lord British's chair.
    >

    > There was someone sitting on the throne last night on Atlantic when i stopped
    > in to visit the king's vacant hall.(sorry i didn't take note of the name, but i
    > was a bit put off that so many were in the typically empty hall of the king...)
    >
    > A small crowd was gathered after what most described as a terrible EM
    > event(which i missed by 3 hours, d'oh!), and an odd fellow suddenly appeared on
    > the other side of the partition...guess they should spend a little money and
    > get some velvet ropes, and a troll bouncer...
    >
    > ~Cyrus of Sosaria~
    >
    > *If anything, they probably just wanted to keep the throne area clear in case
    > they decided to use it for an event, rather than having 2 or 3 dozen people
    > standing around, spamming and chatting over the host...*

    Not today, there is definately a wall now. and a sheild laying on
    the carpet infront of the chair.

    --
    Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
    http://www.shamikaserver.com

    Cyrus of Sosaria wrote:
    >> Not today, there is definately a wall now. and a sheild laying on
    >>the carpet infront of the chair.
    >>
    >>--
    >

    > The wall's been there awhile, at least since before i last took a UO break.
    > Not sure if it's the case on Fel, since you can't enter the castle unless
    > you're in factions, but the Trammel wall's been around a bit...
    >
    > ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

    Billy Watt told me last night he's quitting. He has his account on
    Ebay. Has anyone seen the ever flaming head in the little NPC house
    on the East side of the road on the way into Brit?? Weird...

    --
    Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
    http://www.shamikaserver.com
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >....it ain't gonna happen now. They put up an invisible wall in the
    >throne room. Why, I'm not sure, except it probably bothered one of
    >the designers that just anyone could sit on Lord British's chair.

    At least on LS the wall went up about the time the EM program started
    so that the EM's had a place to stand clear of the spammers, griefers
    and other species of low-life idiots.

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >At least on LS the wall went up about the time the EM program started
    >so that the EM's had a place to stand clear of the spammers, griefers
    >and other species of low-life idiots.

    It's not a very effective fence, some people seem to have found the jump
    button...

    Two nights ago, i wandered into the throne room yet again, hoping to find it
    empty, so i could have a few moments in a place that always gave me a sense of
    peace and quiet..

    I was greeted by the sight of nearly a dozen players on the throne side of the
    barricade, chit-chatting and gating more of their buddies in...

    It was almost sad, if not for being so pathetic...

    ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

    *Stuff like this is why i stick to dungeons and hunt alone all the time...well,
    that or i'm just anti-social...*

Computers Games Video Games