SW Force Feedback Pro questions.

Trying to get my old stick work on XP. Got a 15pin to USB game port adapter
but it says for analog controllers only. Is the SW Force Feedback Pro analog
or digital?

Also can't get the SW software to load on XP (get 'can't install game device
software on current OS'), how do I get around that?

Hi DA,

The Force Feedback won't work though an adapter unfortunately.
Your choices are to either install a 15 pin game port on your system
which wouldn't make sense since it's outdated technology, or you
can update to a USB game controller which is Windows XP ready.

That will probably cost as little as installing a gameport would. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"DAS75" <DAS75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BDDA847-5B81-43A0-81CB-1CC4E2903A52@microsoft.com...
> Trying to get my old stick work on XP. Got a 15pin to USB game port adapter
> but it says for analog controllers only. Is the SW Force Feedback Pro analog
> or digital?
>
> Also can't get the SW software to load on XP (get 'can't install game device
> software on current OS'), how do I get around that?

The Sidewinder is a gameport only device--it's only physically designed for
a gameport, so a simple adapter won't do the trick. Also, the gameport
software will not install on XP--you need to use the default Windows
drivers.

Longer term, you're best off with a USB joystick anyways, as gameport
devices have been discontinued for a few years.

Steve