Help connecting win7 to internet using wpa2-personal

New installation, new computer, connects to open networks in the store. When I try to connect to my home network via wireless, it "sees" the SSID in the connections list, but will not connect after I enter the correct passphrase. The troubleshooter says that the network is "hidden" but it clearly sees the network since it appears in the list. I set the preferences to connect to this network even if it is not in a list. Still does not connect. (This is from another computer on that network.)
2 answers Last reply
More about help connecting win7 internet wpa2 personal
  1. Quote:
    Windows 7 Home Premium for 32 or 64bit for $ 7.99

Windows 7 Professional for 32 or 64bit for $ 7.99

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 or 64bit for $ 9.99

Office 2007 Ultimate for $ 23

Office Professional 2007 for $ 23

http://www.msoftkey.com

The web Mimsa can find serial Windows XP, Vista, Office, etc.. With similar prices. It is 100% reliable, you can pay by PayPal ,Google Checkout and in a moment you send an email with the serial you've asked. (Look in the SPAM folder if you do not find)

NOTE: only send you the serial.

You have been reported to Microsoft Piracy department. Have a great time in jail.
  2. dickcaro said:
    New installation, new computer, connects to open networks in the store. When I try to connect to my home network via wireless, it "sees" the SSID in the connections list, but will not connect after I enter the correct passphrase. The troubleshooter says that the network is "hidden" but it clearly sees the network since it appears in the list. I set the preferences to connect to this network even if it is not in a list. Still does not connect. (This is from another computer on that network.)

More information: I have now connected to my network, without any help. I was using WEP to protect the network, as I have been for months. That's when it didn't connect. I switched the router to WPA2 protocol, and it too failed to connect. Only when I switched Win7 to WPA2-mixed did it work. However, my Win/XP computer fails to join the network now even after switching to WPA2 protocol. Thanks Mr. Microsoft for making internet connection a constant maze.

Can't we stop the spam postings that infect this site, like the suede135 useless or even criminal response?
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Computers Internet Windows 7