Remove a BIOS Password in Acer netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek36

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
Hello,

I have an acer netbook, It was giving to as a reward from school. I wanted to re-image my computer and put Windows Xp on it, but the problem is I can not go into the settings such as, the boot login or the F2 option because when it was giving to me that same individual put a Bios password and well I have no clue what it is. Is there a way to fix this. I am pretty good with computers. I just need a little idea on what to do and stuff. Can someone help me remove the Bios password so I can enter the F2 option to re-image my netbook?

Solution
Take it back to the school and get them to contact the person who put the password on. If you are now the legally registered owner, contact acer and see if you can send it to them to reset.

Otherwise it's a no-no to ask for password help here.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Take it back to the school and get them to contact the person who put the password on. If you are now the legally registered owner, contact acer and see if you can send it to them to reset.

Otherwise it's a no-no to ask for password help here.

Solution

rdc85

Honorable
contact the school, since it was a reward item. Just ask them to remove it for u...

edit : it not about how good u with computer, it's about are u a legitimate owner of the item... so no password breaking and stuff .........

geek36

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012

I mean, I am the legal owner if the school gave it to us with box and everything. Its been almost 3 years that ive had this computer and I barely noticed the bios had a password here. I mean I called Acer but they said they would charge me up to $200 just to reset it for me? Wow that is just nonsense. I just need some help on how to reset it or remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.