What does the Samurai helm look like?

with the 2D client? Did they introduce new art or are they using one of
the existing helmet's art for it?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Cyrus of Sosaria wrote:

    >>with the 2D client? Did they introduce new art or are they using one of
    >>the existing helmet's art for it?
    >>

    > Well, it's definately new art on the paperdoll, and aside from being
    > oversized(if you've ever seen Spaceballs, you can get a pretty good idea what i
    > mean), it's actually not a terrible looking helmet.
    >
    > On the mini-avatar, it's sort of blotchy, though, the color is an ugly, muddy
    > grey-black, and it bears a slight resemblance to a pair of bunny ears strapped
    > onto a chunk of a deer mask, though it just might be an ugly, hopefully
    > temporary, graphic, and the muddyness is caused by the poor color choice.
    >
    > If Test Sosaria is still up, you probably can still hit a statue at the bank
    > and sneak a peek before you decide on what gift to ultimately get.(i spotted
    > two players with the Holy Sword on Atlantic this morning at WBB, but haven't
    > seen any other gifts so far.)
    >
    > ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

    OK, that is SOO full of contradicktions!! WHere's your house, I
    have some house warming gifts!!

    --
    Check out the gaming & computer forums at the [SS] clan site.
    http://www.shamikaserver.com

    "Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> schreef in bericht
    > >with the 2D client? Did they introduce new art or are they using one of
    > >the existing helmet's art for it?
    <snip>

    > and it bears a slight resemblance to a pair of bunny ears strapped
    > onto a chunk of a deer mask,

    Well..that just convinced me, I cant wait to buy this updated game.:)

    Earendil
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:53:02 +0200, "Mieke Schotting"
    <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote:

    >"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> schreef in bericht
    >> >with the 2D client? Did they introduce new art or are they using one of
    >> >the existing helmet's art for it?
    ><snip>
    >
    >> and it bears a slight resemblance to a pair of bunny ears strapped
    >> onto a chunk of a deer mask,
    >
    >Well..that just convinced me, I cant wait to buy this updated game.:)

    Well, Lost would love it anyhow. :))

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Polychromic" <macecil@attbi.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:53:02 +0200, "Mieke Schotting"
    > <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote:
    >

    > >"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> schreef in bericht
    > ><snip>
    > >
    > >> and it bears a slight resemblance to a pair of bunny ears strapped
    > >> onto a chunk of a deer mask,
    > >
    > >Well..that just convinced me, I cant wait to buy this updated game.:)
    >
    > Well, Lost would love it anyhow. :))
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    It looks basically like the Juka helms, to be honest.

    (Poly, you know Lost wouldn't like that. He much prefers a simple bow ;->)

    --
    psz
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    >Well, Lost would love it anyhow. :))

    If you haven't made your choice yet, or taken the chance to chek it out on
    Test, swing by Atlantic sometime, i picked out the helm and can show it off.

    *chuckles*

    Has pretty good resists, too(60, if my math is
    right...15+10+10+15+10...yeah...that's 60), and the dci is handier than i
    thought...with my GM parry, a shield and the helm, i'm sitting on 45% dci, if i
    recall the parry percentages correctly.
    Went cyclops hunting with it, managed to survive having 4 of them pounding on
    me at once and noticed a definate improvement over plain GM parry dci.

    Pity it doesn't have luck on it...since that's the stat osi/ea loves so
    much...i've bottomed out again after upgrading my sleaves recently.

    ~Cyrus of Sosaria~

    *I've been thinking about my gift complaints, and just added one more thing
    that i think would've been cool...an item naming deed. Think about it, getting
    to name your favorite sword or axe, or whatever, making it a truly unique item.
    :) Or, you can name your shoes...hehe*
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:56:26 -0500, "psz" <psz01@cox.net> wrote:

    >"Polychromic" <macecil@attbi.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:53:02 +0200, "Mieke Schotting"
    >> <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> schreef in bericht
    >of
    >> ><snip>

    >> >Well..that just convinced me, I cant wait to buy this updated game.:)
    >>
    >> Well, Lost would love it anyhow. :))
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Cecil
    >> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    >
    >It looks basically like the Juka helms, to be honest.
    >

    >(Poly, you know Lost wouldn't like that. He much prefers a simple bow ;->)

    You don't remember Lost running around with an antler head?

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 06:56:26 -0500, "psz" <psz01@cox.net> wrote:
    >

    > >"Polychromic" <macecil@attbi.com> wrote in message

    > >of

    > >> Well, Lost would love it anyhow. :))
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Michael Cecil
    > >> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    > >
    > >It looks basically like the Juka helms, to be honest.
    > >

    > >(Poly, you know Lost wouldn't like that. He much prefers a simple bow
    ;->)

    > You don't remember Lost running around with an antler head?
    >
    > --
    > Michael Cecil
    > http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Must have been during one of my UO-Absentee Months (IE: Lack of ISP when
    moving from state to state)

    I do remember hot glue guns, bows, and other..... Fun with Lost....

    --
    psz
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On 25 Jun 2004 14:39:04 GMT, cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:

    >If nothing else, you get a copy of Ultima 9 that works superbly with Direct x9
    >and a computer light years ahead of the boxes we had when the game came out.

    Um...actually it is Ultima 9 from 2000, version 1.18 - the same one that
    shipped on the replacement discs available to registered owners after the
    original release. It requires DirectX 7 not 9. It even comes with the
    same SecuROM copy protection that was removed by the 1.19 patch (written
    by Origin employees but not officially released by Origin).

    So, I'd say it's definitely NOT a reason to get the 7th anniversary
    edition, unless you missed U9 somehow.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Polychromic" <macecil@attbi.com> schreef in bericht
    > On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:53:02 +0200, "Mieke Schotting"
    > <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote:
    >

    > >"Cyrus of Sosaria" <cystocot4@cs.com> schreef in bericht
    > ><snip>
    > >
    > >> and it bears a slight resemblance to a pair of bunny ears strapped
    > >> onto a chunk of a deer mask,
    > >
    > >Well..that just convinced me, I cant wait to buy this updated game.:)
    >
    > Well, Lost would love it anyhow. :))

    LOL
    Thats really the only thing I remember from him in UO: he always had that
    mask on.:P

    Oh and he used to pick up everything he could find too.:P

    Earendil
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:
    >Eh, it's not really as bad as i made it out to be, looks great on the paperdoll
    >if you've got long hair(i'd restyled to a ponytail recently, so i had to
    >re-lengthen mine, helm was peaking off my head with the pony's cropping on the
    >sides), though it's still ridiculously large.

    I always find these complaints odd... I rarely bloody *see* my paper
    doll. I'm usually actually playing the game when I have the program
    loaded and exactly zero of interest is happening on my paperdoll, and
    everything of interest is over on the main screen.

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:02:08 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

    >cystocot4@cs.com (Cyrus of Sosaria) wrote:
    >>Eh, it's not really as bad as i made it out to be, looks great on the paperdoll
    >>if you've got long hair(i'd restyled to a ponytail recently, so i had to
    >>re-lengthen mine, helm was peaking off my head with the pony's cropping on the
    >>sides), though it's still ridiculously large.
    >
    >I always find these complaints odd... I rarely bloody *see* my paper
    >doll. I'm usually actually playing the game when I have the program
    >loaded and exactly zero of interest is happening on my paperdoll, and
    >everything of interest is over on the main screen.
    >
    >D.

    I always have my paperdoll open to the side of my play window. Above it I
    keep my status gump, my main and "to be sold" backpack gumps open. Along
    the bottom I have spell rune-icons although I nearly never use them. In
    the bottom left corner of the screen I keep my skills gump open. In the
    upper left game window I keep my radar gump open.

    Pretty much how I've always done it with only slight modifications when
    they added larger screen sizes.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    > >I always find these complaints odd... I rarely bloody *see* my paper
    > >doll. I'm usually actually playing the game when I have the program
    > >loaded and exactly zero of interest is happening on my paperdoll, and
    > >everything of interest is over on the main screen.
    >
    > There's something to be said for being semi-conscious of what you look
    like in
    > the game, man...
    >
    > I'm pretty sure half the people at Brit bank, in their color-bleeding
    robes,
    > neon shoes and hats and weapons and hair have their monitors turned off.
    >
    > I like to think i look like a professional warrior rather than someone
    that
    > slapped together the latest fad gear.

    ROFL
    Well, if people are prepared to pay many many thousands for a silly orange
    robe
    you know fashion matters more to these warriors, then their weapons.:P

    Earendil
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 13:14:16 +0200, "Mieke Schotting"
    <mschotting@nospamplanet.nl> wrote:

    >ROFL
    >Well, if people are prepared to pay many many thousands for a silly orange
    >robe
    >you know fashion matters more to these warriors, then their weapons.:P
    >
    >Earendil

    If you don a +10 fire robe, you can more easily slay that most perfidious
    beast Gu'dtayst.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/