Okay, am I overlooking something here?

I upgraded my accounts a few days ago (and the account page does show they
are upgraded) but I don't get the 6th char slot and I was expecting a
reward style prompt for the new items. Despite the notice that you don't
need to install from the UO7 disc, I went ahead and installed UO from it
to see what differences there were. None noticeable except it required
some patches. There is a new HKLM\EA Games registry key as well.

So, am I overlooking something obvious?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:05:05 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
wrote:

>I upgraded my accounts a few days ago (and the account page does show they
>are upgraded) but I don't get the 6th char slot and I was expecting a
>reward style prompt for the new items. Despite the notice that you don't
>need to install from the UO7 disc, I went ahead and installed UO from it
>to see what differences there were. None noticeable except it required
>some patches. There is a new HKLM\EA Games registry key as well.
>
>So, am I overlooking something obvious?

Go to Edit Account and input your promotional code. That brings up
the 6th character. Then open Help, select "Enter Promotional Code" ,
and enter it again exactly as it appears on the jewel case. You'll
get a gump that lists the various rewards.

Oh, and the Holy Sword is *very* nice. Takes down liches in 3 chops.
--
I'm on a journey in search of myself.
If I get back first, let me know that I'm

"Polychromic" <macecil@attbi.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded my accounts a few days ago (and the account page does show they
> are upgraded) but I don't get the 6th char slot and I was expecting a
> reward style prompt for the new items. Despite the notice that you don't
> need to install from the UO7 disc, I went ahead and installed UO from it
> to see what differences there were. None noticeable except it required
> some patches. There is a new HKLM\EA Games registry key as well.
>
> So, am I overlooking something obvious?
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Hi Polychromic,

Don't know about the 6th character slot question, but on the UO site, it
says to get your reward, you have to type in a code provided on the jewel
case. Here's the cut and paste.

Q: How do I get my in-game gift?
A: It works with the in-game promotion system like Veteran Rewards and Buddy
Referral rewards. Inside the 7th Anniversary box, you'll see a 20-digit code
printed on the back of the CD jewel case. You'll input the code into the
promotion slot inside the game and you'll get your gift. (Detailed
instructions are printed on the back of the jewel case.)
End cut and paste.

I hope you get something good. I would like the Holy Sword, or the crossbow.
:)

Peace and Aloha,
Ali'i the Rainbow Warrior

OK, just logged in and out of game real fast. You have to click the "help"
button. Then from the menu, choose "promotional code".

Peace and Aloha,
Ali'i the Rainbow Warrior

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:06:39 GMT, "Ali'i" <none@none.net> wrote:

>OK, just logged in and out of game real fast. You have to click the "help"
>button. Then from the menu, choose "promotional code".
>
>Peace and Aloha,
>Ali'i the Rainbow Warrior

Thanks for the assistance. I still don't get a 6th character slot.
Anyone know if this is actually working on production shards yet? Does it
have to "trickle down" from the account server or something? I remember
in the past needing to wait a day for some upgrade things.

--

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:08:59 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:52:50 -0700, OrionCA <orionca@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 07:05:05 GMT, Polychromic <macecil@attbi.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I upgraded my accounts a few days ago (and the account page does show they
>>>are upgraded) but I don't get the 6th char slot and I was expecting a
>>>reward style prompt for the new items. Despite the notice that you don't
>>>need to install from the UO7 disc, I went ahead and installed UO from it
>>>to see what differences there were. None noticeable except it required
>>>some patches. There is a new HKLM\EA Games registry key as well.
>>>
>>>So, am I overlooking something obvious?
>>
>>Go to Edit Account and input your promotional code. That brings up
>>the 6th character.
>
>Nope, it didn't. My account says it's UO7 "registered" but I don't get a
>6th slot. Hmmm...maybe it's merely a uo.cfg difference. I'll find out.

D'oh. *looks sheepish*

I guess I was expecting an empty slot, not just the Create New button to
be active. Never mind. I take back everything I ever said about being
able to sit down and have bank boxes in UO.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

TRENDING THREADS